Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unistall Camera Raw

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to unistall Abode on an old mac of mine but I keep running into a wall. The creative cloud unistaller says

"Couldn't uninstall Creative Cloud for desktop. You still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that require it."

I've installed all the applications but I think the suspect is Camera Raw. How do I uninstall it, from what I read it's a plugin and their isn't an option to uninstall from my creative cloud account.

Jack

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Since the unistaller is so temperamental (probably so they can track our usage), I just chucked all the files into the bin and trashed them. Abode and creative cloud no longer show up on the activity log, and my mac is running faster.

Great job Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw plug-in is located in a common plug-ins folder under...

• Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/[Photoshop version number]/File Formats
    Note: Root library, not your users home library!

You should also be able to uninstall it via the 'Creative Cloud Cleaner tool':

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no luck finding it in 

Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/[Photoshop version number]/File Formats

It's ridiculous how hard it is to unistall creative cloud when we pay so much for it. It should be a simple one click unistall, like all the over top applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since the unistaller is so temperamental (probably so they can track our usage), I just chucked all the files into the bin and trashed them. Abode and creative cloud no longer show up on the activity log, and my mac is running faster.

Great job Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines