• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update FAILS for no good reason, esp. Photoshop, same error no matter what I try

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need urgent assistance, please. Trying to update the apps, it persistently and repeatedly FAILS, giving the error of "Download error, unable to connect to Adobe server. Check internet and firewall connections." It gives this error no matter what I've tried.

My internet connection is fine. There is nothing wrong with it.
I tried turning off the firewall to download the updates, and it still gave the same error.
I tried connecting to the updates cloud via from within Photoshop (then closing the app), and separately from Adobe via a browser.
The app's not open/preventing the update.
I've updated and restarted my system.
Nothing works. It still is version 2019 and gives the same error for all the app updates, every single time.
I'm on a PC, Windows10.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Update to this post: After more attempts to update, my existing Photoshop completely failed to open - rendering me into a panic. The Adobe popup seemed to think I was a new trial user. It kept looping with that popup when I attempted to sign in. Finally I was able to sign in and the "My products" had changed, it seemed to be forcing me to reinstall my products. The Adobe installer kept looping into error, not allowing me to proceed until I closed the other popup which itself, of course, kept loo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to this post: After more attempts to update, my existing Photoshop completely failed to open - rendering me into a panic. The Adobe popup seemed to think I was a new trial user. It kept looping with that popup when I attempted to sign in. Finally I was able to sign in and the "My products" had changed, it seemed to be forcing me to reinstall my products. The Adobe installer kept looping into error, not allowing me to proceed until I closed the other popup which itself, of course, kept looping and re-opening - I finally managed to quickly close the popup in time to allow the Installer to begin installing. After the lengthy install, I now have the current version. This path was full of frustrating erroring and looping and stoppages no matter which way I turned, which shouldn't have happened. I'm glad I now seem to have the correct Photoshop, but wish it had not been so nearly impossible to get to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines