• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating apps on M1 Macbook pro

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously been provided URLs to download the M1 compatiable versions of the apps (by Adobe directly) as the CC app manager was not delivering the latest compaitble versions for M1 macs. 

Since then the CC app manager still consistantly tells me there's updates but I'm wary of updating through it as there's a chance it could break the builds I have (which took a lot of effort to get Adobe to make available for me).

Can anyone tell me if you've been able to successfully update apps on an M1 macbook pro through the CC app manager? 

PS if you're from Adobe and happen to read this can you please pass on that your company's complete and utter lack of direct support is an embarrassment to your brand. It should not be the role of your community to do your job for you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default, sorry you are encountering problems downloading and installing Creative Cloud applications. I reviewed your case history, and it looks like you encountered Error 403 back in April. Unfortunately, this is a download error. If no action has been taken to resolve the error, you will likely continue to encounter error 403 and cannot apply any available updates.

Were you encountering Error 403, or was there a different error, Default?

Information on Error 403 can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-error-403-launching-ccda.html.  I would recommend reviewing the settings for any installed security or firewall software as something is interfering with the download process.  You can find additional solutions to resolve connection errors at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff,

The 403 error occured on attempted installation and as I explained above, after a great deal of trouble, an adobe agent was able to finally email me links to download the install packages. Since then the applications have been running fine but I am now left in a place where i don't know if i'm able to update my applications safely. I have not tried as I do not want to break my builds as the software is used daily and I cannot afford to have them not working. 

I simply wish to know if it is safe up use the CC manager to update or do you need to provide me with more custom links while you're still working on getting M1 compatible builds availabel through the manager.

P.S. Is that really the last status of my account as I have had multiple dealings with your agents since then, hence my story above? I would be very concerned if none of that is recorded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation, Default. The installations that were downloaded to your computer were successful because they were installed locally. You most likely used a properly configured web browser, and nothing interfered with the download process.

This is the reason I would recommend reviewing the settings for any installed security software.  Something is intercepting and interfering with the download and installation process when using the Creative Cloud desktop app, causing error 403.

If you manage the network and computer yourself, I recommend verifying that any installed security software is up to date. If the errors continue, the following steps would be to contact the security software manufacturer to confirm the current settings will not interfere with the installation of Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These steps were taken when speaking with your operators who even remotely installed the applications for me after inspecting and confirming there were no blockers in place. This was simply down to Adobe's incompatible installers for M1 macbooks. 

Again, I just need to know if I can safely install the updates the app manager is offering me or will they break my builds? There is nothing blocking the install at this stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anthony, the most likely answer is yes; you will continue to encounter error 403 until the cause is identified and corrected. However, you are welcome to try the process in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html to update the applications. 

If you need assistance or new download links when the process fails, please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry i understand you are trying to help but I do also hope you can see my frustration. I'm using your software. I have paid a considerable amount of money for it. I would hope that Adobe in its decades of experience is able to tell me if they have full tested the ability for the applicaiton they have published to be able be updated (which again i'm paying for) with some certainty that it won't break the existng builds. A "likely answer" offers me absolutely no assurance and nor will it cover me should this break my builds.

Is there any way to speak with your technical team to understand if I definitely can or not. I'm not asking if i'm able to, obviously i can click the button and try. If it fails to install then no issue. My ask is that am I updating the correct app or is it expecting a non-M1 build of the app when asking if i want to update. This doesn't seem like a complicated ask of a the people who make the actual software. And frankly my increasing frustration with Adobe's lack of support is pushing me and my colleagues further and further away from being loyal to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anthony, error 403 has nothing to do with obtaining a Universal version of our applications. It is a download error and can occur on any computer running a supported operating system.  Downloading the applications and installing them locally is only a workaround for this error.  Until the cause is identified and corrected, the error will continue.

The Creative Cloud desktop app will automatically install the Universal version of our applications (M1) if it is available.

For more information on Universal versus Intel apps, please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861.

Direct support is available at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. If the chat window fails to open or is unresponsive, then you may need to use a different browser or device to begin the interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines