• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating CS5 on new computer

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Creative Suite 5 that I purchased years ago installed on my old Windows 7 computer. I just put together a new computer and wanted to use the second install available with CS5 on my new computer. The programs install from the CDs and work fine under Windows 10. This then brings up the update manager, whcih wants to update each of the prograns in the suite. However, when I run that, it says that the updates failed (even though I see the update folders with contents on the C drive). Is there some trick to getting the updates to install? I can obviously use the programs without the updates, but it would be preferable to get it to run the updates. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that he updates are available any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leave well enough alone.  you were lucky to get the programs installed and activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I understand some people have trouble even getting CS5 to work on Windows 10. As far as I can tell so far, all programs are working. I have not spent a lot of time working with them yet, so I don't know if they are going to have any problems, but I see that the update files did download to my hard drive. It just won't run them, and I can't get it to do anything when I run the application manager as administrator. So my guess is I am stuck with the versions that came off the install disks.

I have a feeling there is a workaround, but nothing I have tried so far gets past the update block. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are the updates executable files?

if so, what happens when you try and run them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update filenames are just a bunch of numbers and letters, with no extensions. They are downloaded into a bunch of folders that are named with strings of numbers and letters in brackets. I was hoping I could get the application install manager to see them and run them, but so far no luck. I'll keep playing around with it. I don't see any reason for it not to run once the files have been downloaded. I have the applications working fine, so it seems like updating at this point just requires I figure out a way to get the updater to do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the CS5 updates came out in 2010 and were for obsolete services that no longer exist like Browser Lab.  I wouldn't lose much sleep over this. Legacy CS5 is what it is. 

If you want ongoing product support, you need a Creative Cloud subscription which includes free upgrades for as long as you remain a member.

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had any problems with the programs, so everything seems fine. I have disabled the update notifications. I would go for a cloud subscription, but currently am unemployed, so not an option. I am not sure there is that much new in programs like Photoshop (which I use a lot) to make the subscription version worth it. The CS5 version is both familiar, and pretty robust. I also use Illustrator quite a bit. Used to use Flash extensively, but that's not an option anymore. In any case, I'm just glad it took my serial number and activated the suite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your cs5 is working that's a good reason to NOT update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually download individual updaters for each app and run them that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to my support page where I have CS5 registered, but do not see any way to get to the individual downloaders for any programs in the suite. Is there some other way to get to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

google "site:prodesigntools.com cs5 update download" and take your chances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines