Updating one app updates all apps

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click one Update button in the CC Desktop app, it ends up wanting to update all my apps. See screen shot below. I clicked the Update button for Premiere Pro v22 and this is what ended up happening. Not wanting to update all my apps at this time, I had to click Cancel repeatedly on the other apps to stop the process. 

I have a new iMac, M1 chip, running macOS 11.6 (Big Sur). Is this a bug with CC Desktop running on Big Sur (or with the M1 chip)? 

screenshot_1119.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021
Ok, thanks for the update, Stefan.  I could not reproduce the behavior you described when I ran through the update process on three different computers. If you continue to encounter any problems with the update process, then please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan, you mentioned that this is a new Mac.  What process did you use to put the Adobe apps on the new computer?  Did you use the method listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/download-install-new-computer.html, or was the migration assistant used to copy the apps to the computer, Stefan?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the method in the link you provided; I did not use a migration assistant. I was able to install just the apps I selected at first; it's when I wanted to update one of them that an "update all" process was triggered. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for the update, Stefan.  I could not reproduce the behavior you described when I ran through the update process on three different computers.

If you continue to encounter any problems with the update process, then please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines