• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade without permission =theft

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe yesterday and talked to someone about how an upgrade to creative cloud was made without my permission from photoshop to adobe creative suite or cloud or whatever. I went from 20$ to 50$. I found out about the charges from my bank. Well after calling I found out that they had been charging me for 4 months.

They said they would refund the money, cancel my account and all was taken care of. The next day I see that the account wasn’t cancelled and that only 49$ was being refunded.

So today I call and get a guy name Teja who tells me that I’ll get the full refund then asks if I’d like the same deal for 29$ which is a good deal. I tell him that I’d be interested as lomg as I get my money back. All of it. Teja then states that I can only have one or the other. So I take the refund.

I check my my email after and see that Teja had signed me up anyways and I got suspicious. I call and escalate the situation to Tushar. Tushar said he was a manager and that the reason the full refund wasn’t showing up on the screen was because it was a manager decision (sounded sketchy af) and that if I wanted I coul get the cheap rate and all my money back. He also said he was listening to the conversation and called me a liar when I told him I told Tera to cancel. This was so suspicious that I asked him to email verification of the refund and he insisted that was not possible and that I’d have to wait 3-4 business days for the money to show up. I was taking care of my father who has Alzheimer’s and asked him if he could speed it up. I was assisting him to shower at a YMCA. He got angry that I would not take his deal and said that he wasn’t giving me a refund and hung up.

How is this acceptable? Who upgraded my subscription without permission. How and when do I get back over 200$ stolen from someone in India?

Disgusting adobe, straight up theft.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an email for this. I’ll do that tomorrow, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

I checked all the case details and would like to inform you that a refund has already been processed which will be there in your account within 5-7 business days.

Thanks

Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kanika this has also happened to me as well.

6 months ago I was paying for Photoshop, and Premiere totaling to $30 a month.

I then upgraded to the All-Apps plan, which automatically cancelled my Photoshop subscription, but not my adobe premiere.

I called support, and they cancelled the adobe premiere, but they also, without my permission, or even telling me had upgraded me to All-Apps + Adobe Stock.

I was charged for 5 months without my knowledge, and when I contacted to support to deal with this, instead of refunding my money and switching me to the plan I wanted, they gave me All Apps + Adobe stock free for a certain amount of months, which would equal the same as me paying for the All-Apps for the rest of the year, but that leaves me out $150.

I have never used Adobe Stock and never will.

Miker is correct, this is theft and horribly outrageous for a big company like adobe.

Stuff like this is probably happens because support staff get a bonus when they upgrade, and possibly dinged when they make a cancellation.

What can I do about this, because contacting support by chat or phone does not seem to do anything, at least when I am unable to reach people that aren't third parties hired by adobe.

If you can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Addison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will look forward to that. I haven’t experienced anything like

this with this with Adobe. I know you guys are way better than that. From

the gate. I eventually will be taking advantage of an email you guys sent

for the discount. That is a fair rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Excuse my grammar I didn’t proof.

Thank you if Adobe really did put the money back Kanika.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did this to me too! I never gave permission or even requested an upgrade! I only noticed the debit this month and when I went to look, it's been coming off my account since September!!!! It's disgusting. It's straight-up theft. If I try to cancel it wants to charge me $245 for something I never signed up for!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Adobe provides support through the Chat function on the contact page or through a phone call. There is no email support.

CHAT: Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers. This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.

If that doesn't work, try this link, which opens a chat window directly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Typing "Billing" into the chat window and you should connect directly to appropriate customer service.

PHONE: You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines