URGENT - ACTIVATION OF CS3 [CS3 is dead]

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a USED and legal cs3 with serial #. The trial is over, tried to activate iit by phone and they do not do tbis anymore. Again this was a ONE license LEGAL owner. I was told it was diacontinuesd, but just need to find out how to activate it? It was a used CD one owner I should say LEGAL, and just need to make it work past the trial period.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Hi @thomasb55489011,

Well, the CS3 activations servers are taken down by Adobe so there is no way to activate this software now. This being a very old software there is no modern OS that would anyhow support it.

-Manan

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

It is no longer possible to activate CS1, CS2, CS3, or CS4. The activation servers have been retired. 

There is no chance to activate this products.

You've buyed a dead product. You should contact the seller to cancel the purchase

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @thomasb55489011,

Well, the CS3 activations servers are taken down by Adobe so there is no way to activate this software now. This being a very old software there is no modern OS that would anyhow support it.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no longer possible to activate CS1, CS2, CS3, or CS4. The activation servers have been retired. 

There is no chance to activate this products.

You've buyed a dead product. You should contact the seller to cancel the purchase

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, clean and legal installs of CS4 on a new computer should still work.

But CS1, CS2, and CS3 cannot be [re]activated under any circumstance. So any purchases of those products – which are questionable to begin with considering they are all at least 14 years old – will simply not work, as @Axel Matt points out.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ProDesignTools,

CS4 activation is no longer possible.  Those servers are kaput.

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea 

Yes, but from what I've heard, that does not affect the reinstallation of Creative Suite 4. So fortunately, clean installs of CS4 on a new computer should still work.

(However, the same is not true for CS3 and older, which cannot be reactivated under any circumstance.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but from what I've heard, that does not affect the reinstallation of Creative Suite 4. So fortunately, clean installs of CS4 on a new computer should still work

Yes, clean CS4 installs are unaffected.

I just did a clean install of CS4 to see for myself what would happen. It installed and activated OK.

cs4-activated.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for confirming, John.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to know, @John Waller.   If you don't mind my asking, on which OS did you install CS4?

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't mind my asking, on which OS did you install CS4?

Hi @Nancy OShea , Of course I don't mind you asking.

Windows 10 Pro Build 19043 (21H1).

windows-os-version.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines