• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT! Where is Fireworks in the Creative Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am away from my office this week and just went to install fireworks onto my mac book air and its not in the list of apps to download.

How do I download Fireworks CC?

I only do a few web graphics and photoshop is overkill.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

If you have the Creative Cloud installed on your machine:

1. Go to the app preferences.

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 06.01.03.png

2. Select the tab "Creative Cloud" and check the checkbox "Show Older Apps".
Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 06.02.26.png

3. Fireworks CS6 will be available at the App list.

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 06.02.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this.  I upgraded my machine today and was suddenly cast adrift without my Fireworks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! You are a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!   Following your instructions worked perfectly for me.  I'm posting this December 12 2018.

Rowby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best awser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"....It is there but Fireworks is legacy software now.  Open CC Desktop App, go to your Preferences and click on the box that says Show Older Apps.  See screenshot...."

This is THE answer right here. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact your Team or Enterprise administrator.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Sir are an amazing person. THANK YOU FOR THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2022 and this still works on Win 11 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now fireworks is not even in the old app section anymore ADOBE!!! Please bring it back in the OLD app section on adobe CC. I use almost all adobe apps, but FIREWORKS cannot be replaced for ONE SIMPLE reason. IT is the fasted way to crop and alter web designs. Time is money and for some things, nothing is as fast as fireworks. NOTHING!!! Maybe re-vamp it, but PLEASE dont remove it. If it's really removed i will just get an old copy of CS6 and cancel subscriptions for all employees. Some only work with dreamweaver and fireworks. Im sure im not the only one who keeps uing FW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? Fireworks is still listed when the "Show Older Apps" option is checked in the preferences.

At least, under Windows. Do you work on a Mac? Fireworks has incompatibility issues on newer Macs, which might explain why it is no longer available on CC Mac.

If this is the case, you solution would be to switch to Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  This worked for me. 

For reference, int he Creative Cloud Window, click the three dots icon in the upper right, then go to preferences.  Under Creative Cloud in this window, look at the bottom and check the "Show Older Apps" icon.  Then when you go back to your list, it will be there.  Confirmed today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a replacement app is one thing -- finding something that can handle my thousands of legacy FW files is another!!

Does anyone have an idea on what to do, other than recreate each file, when an update to it is called for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kah007  wrote

Looking for a replacement app is one thing -- finding something that can handle my thousands of legacy FW files is another!!

Does anyone have an idea on what to do, other than recreate each file, when an update to it is called for?

Your only option is to export all your FW files as PSD files, or export each file as individual PNG/SVG files, and reconstruct in whichever new application you'll be using. And keep a running copy of Fireworks around in a virtual machine just in case you need to access an older FW file.

Adobe never published the Fireworks file format specification, which made it incredibly hard for anyone to create import modules/filters in alternative software, or even for Adobe's Photoshop/Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this timely response.  It looks like I need to start trying out the PSD option and see how far that gets me.  Fortunately, in most projects I have saved the individual "parts" that go into the document, but that doesn't do much for the tweaking (effects, sizing, placement, etc.) done inside FW. <sigh>

Did you settle on Photoshop or Illustrator as the replacement? ... or something else?  (I keep a 'folder' on my desktop of candidates but, so far, I have given up a day or so into the hunt.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I just downloaded CC and went to the Preferences to check the Older Apps option, but it is not there! Anybody else getting this? I really need FW for a new job I got, they've been using it for years and need it to turn PSD into Wordpress sites. Any help with this is very much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of plan do you have?

Show Older Apps is not an option for trial members.   And I don't think it's offered to Team // Enterprise accounts either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. After posting this reply I chatted with Adobe costumer service and they informed me that I need a paid subscription. I got the Student Plan, and after updating, sure enough I had the option for older apps. I've installed Fireworks and using it currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

And I don't think it's offered to Team // Enterprise accounts either. 

FYI: My Creative Cloud for teams lets me installing all the same software then my private individual CC subscription. It’s the same.

The only benefit with the reams subscription is, that for the 5 licenses I manage, I can attribute them to any user I choose (in case for example one user leaves the company, I strip his account of the Teams license and attribute that license to his successor on the fly). And I have additional tools for CC deployment.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Team plan so I'm no expert.

Some Team plan members have said they don't see the option to Show Older Apps in their CC Desktop app.    Evidently, serialized license CC has a different CC Desktop App.   See Reply #6 below.

Re: FYI: Can't find older versions in CC Desktop App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there - also for CC for teams. CC for teams is identical to an individual plan, except for the management of the plan, deployment (can be centralised) and things like that. There are options that a system manager can switch off (like access to the desktop application, installing software and updates for non privileged users etc. So basically if the option is not there, that was a choice of the ​local​ system manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am my local system manager.  If you can show me how to get it, please explain.  I gave the URL for it; are you telling me that you can get it from that URL? I see the download button but when I click it, it takes me to that URL where it says "Page not found". Help me, O Abambo with the furious eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just followed these instructions to get a download and I got a "Page not found" on the URL https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/fireworks

I think it's really over, folks.  I was logged into my CC account for individuals.

Wah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about trying this link: Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

And I am still able to get Fireworks CS6 on my CC App:

Nancy OShea​: This is from my Teams account...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines