• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT! Where is Fireworks in the Creative Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am away from my office this week and just went to install fireworks onto my mac book air and its not in the list of apps to download.

How do I download Fireworks CC?

I only do a few web graphics and photoshop is overkill.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

If you have the Creative Cloud installed on your machine:

1. Go to the app preferences.

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 06.01.03.png

2. Select the tab "Creative Cloud" and check the checkbox "Show Older Apps".
Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 06.02.26.png

3. Fireworks CS6 will be available at the App list.

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 06.02.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Abambo.  I DID get it using the link you provided, Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Applications, but it was not in my CC App anymore.  I was wrong above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awemaker  wrote

it was not in my CC App anymore. 

It is there but Fireworks is legacy software now.  Open CC Desktop App, go to your Preferences and click on the box that says Show Older Apps.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he way to download Fireworks CS6 is to do the following:

1. go to this link: helpx.adobe.com/search.html
2. do a search for "Fireworks CC"
3. it will then show a download link.
4. you can then download the older software.

This allso doesn't work?!
It then says "page not found" 😞

This is verry strange. Fireworks is nowhere to be found. Ik need this, please Adobe fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear olivierb43338139,

Please read the thread, especially Re: URGENT! Where is Fireworks in the Creative Cloud?  and Re: URGENT! Where is Fireworks in the Creative Cloud? . (the links point to 2 different entries..

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Fireworks since Macromedia released it. As a self taught user i tried every graphics app available at the time and Fireworks was the only product intuitive enough for me to use. It's the only reason i pay for the Creative Cloud subscription. Luckily i found this thread telling me how to unhide it or i would have cancelled my subscription today. When they do finally dump it i will cancel. If i am going to be forced to learn a new app it wont be one built by the company that dumped a perfectly good product for no reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that! There will, however, be a time in a foreseeable future, where Fireworks won't work anymore. I know that some features in fireworks are quite cool, and there are only partial replacement solutions using different programs. But if you have a perpetual CS6 license, you will not need the CC subscription. It's may be a little expensive for just using one old and outdated program.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm new to web design and taking a Internet Multimedia Applications class which requires Fireworks. My profession left out how to enable it. Thank GOD for Google!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelp72236090  wrote

I'm new to web design and taking a Internet Multimedia Applications class which requires Fireworks.

Learning to use End of Life software gives you no advantage in the real world.  Adobe discontinued Fireworks in 2012.  Sounds like your course syllabus hasn't been updated in a very long time.  I would think twice about paying for a course that is out of date.  You really should be learning  HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, SVG, etc...  with modern software like Dreamweaver, Photoshop CC  and Illustrator.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I used fireworks right up to last December (10 years) to design modern apps.  You can still use it quite well.
There still isn't any convenient app which creates both vector and raster formats. Fireworks is the absolute best.
I have since switched to adobe XD which is great, and occasionally use fireworks to fill in the gaps where XD fails.

However you also need to learn photoshop and illustrator at the very least. Illustrator is the absolute best for vectors.
However tools are not the most important aspect of a designers life, the core concepts can be used regardless of tools. You could even create a great UI mockup in powerpoint, if you have the concepts understood and a good sense of creativity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines