Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using 2 Adobe IDs on one PC at the same time

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have an Adobe ID for work and I have an Adobe ID for private use. 

I have Acrobat DC Pro installed to use for work, and LR and PS for private. However, I can not use these apps with separate IDs. I either need to login with my work or with my private Adobe ID. Which doesn't work for me. Because I constantly need to log out and log in when switching between Acrobat and LR/PS. 

Is there a way to work on my PC using two different Adobe IDs? 

If not, please consider implementing this, because it is a  freaking annoying limitation. 

TOPICS
Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

You can only be logged into one account at a time, currently. I don't say this is good idea, but people have been asking for this for YEARS without the slightest sign from Adobe that they are taking it seriously, or have any comprehension of how difficult this is for their customers - even after they deliberately split some people's accounts into two... No Adobe staff member has ever done anything other than restate "how it is", and explain (as if we didn't know) how to sign off and sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only be logged into one account at a time, currently. I don't say this is good idea, but people have been asking for this for YEARS without the slightest sign from Adobe that they are taking it seriously, or have any comprehension of how difficult this is for their customers - even after they deliberately split some people's accounts into two... No Adobe staff member has ever done anything other than restate "how it is", and explain (as if we didn't know) how to sign off and sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe customer service from a professional or enterprise perspective is very poor too, so I am not expecting anything else from Adobe. At work we have a 2.5 million euro contract with Adobe, but customer service doesn't care. Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I will keep plodding on switching accounts then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user-to-user forum, so you can also express your feedback directly to Adobe here:

https://www.adobe.com/go/wish/

Every voice can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a user to user forum, I want giving out to him, just explaining that Adobe customer service is pants and Adobe should have a hard look in the mirror for not fixing this login issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*wasn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Poncke 

voice your thoughts where they might matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, Adobe don't consider this an issue. On the contrary, they consider it exactly how it is supposed to work, and highly desirable. Of course we don't know why that's their corporate view, but we are stuck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, it is not a good idea to mix work tools and private tools. You should keep your private stuff away from your work computer and your work stuff away from your private computer. With my company, that is a requirement for workers.

Then, being signed in is not only using the tool, but there are different other bells and whistles connected to this, that make it difficult to create a clean switch from private and corporate assets. Set up a virtual machine and be logged-in there, either in your private account or your business account. You can sign in on two different accounts on two different computers, and a virtual machine is like a secondary computer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines