• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Valid Serial Number Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new laptop and installed my copy of Photoshop CS Extended on it.  When I went to activate it, it told me I needed to deactivate the old copy first, so I did so.  Now ithe progrm is telling me the serial number is invalid.  Basically, it had me destroy a working copy and now will not allow me to activate the new copy.

The tech support the message links to is all about illegal copies verssus genuine.  I have a genuine copy, I just need the serial number to work.

As I was in the middle of a project, I would appreciate assistance with this matter.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation servers for CS through CS4 (except for a new installation of CS4 on a computer that did not have it previously installed) have been deactivated.  I'm afraid that you won't be able to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is CS6, sorry I did not specify.

I can understand no longer supporting older sofware -- I dont need software support I need activation support.  I am left to feel that Adobe did a search and destroy by having me first kill the existing program before they told me I was not going to be able to activate it elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is primarily a user-to-user Forum – so we don't really have the power to help you here, unfortunately...

The only folks who have the ability to address serial number issues is Adobe Customer Care themselves. You should be able to reach them via live online chat:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

To contact Adobe Customer Support by phone, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html for a comprehensive list of phone numbers by geography including hours and languages.

*** Note that Adobe does not do support by email, so beware of scammers and answering anyone who sends you a private message via this forum. ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whereas I appreciate your suggestion, believe it or not, I started there.  Spent an hour explaining and then arguing that very point. Was pushed here.

I am stifling a lot of what I am thinking right now at being treated this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles, are you saying that the Customer Care team suggested you come to this Forum?

That's strange, because there is not much we can do about licensing or serial number issues – only they really can.

Where did you buy CS6 from? Do you have any proof of purchase? (receipt, email, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly -- I argued the same pointsyou mention here.

Software vendor, I have the receipts and all corresposndence for the epruchase.  It is a legit copy that was registered with Adobe the day I got it -- they even acknowledge having the correct serial on file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that doesn't mean very much, unfortunately, because there are countless illegitimate vendors selling cracked software or licenses online. This explains more:

Why Never to Buy Adobe Software on eBay, Craigslist or Amazon Mkt

So as you can see, even after someone's been using a seemingly-valid serial number for a while, it can later be invalidated by Adobe as they uncover piracy or fake product.

Who was the vendor? Was it a company name that people know and trust? Are they still in business now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bit more thaan awhile, since 2015. I got it through WMU from Adobe via an Identiy verifcation service since I got a student/teacher discount.  I think that is about as valid as I can make it.

BTW I am back to this screen -- the laptop that had the software on it previosuly was deactivated and can no longer be used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait – the screenshot you posted says nothing about the serial number not being genuine. It speaks only of the license already being in use by the maximum number of computers (2).

Are you sure that you don't just need an activation count reset for your license? Adobe Customer Care (and only them) can do that for you if you ask them, if you are unable to successfully deactivate the product on other computer(s) for some reason.

If not, who is telling you that your license is invalid? Is that being indicated on your computer (or by a Cust Svc rep)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I got the sreen about needing to deactivate a copy.  I did that, then I got the screen about invalid serial number and contacted Customer Care who directed me here.

I saw several things to try here, and when I brought the program back up - I got this screen again,

I asked the Customer Care guy I had on Chat repeatedly if he could fix the count -- he kept saying he couldn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked the Customer Care guy I had on Chat repeatedly if he could fix the count -- he kept saying he couldn't.

By @Charles237344431dw9

If your serial number is valid, then it is possible the Customer Care agent might not have known how to reset the activations.

Go back to chat and hope for a different agent, and only ask to have your activations reset.  If they refuse, ask for a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it through WMU from Adobe via an Identiy verifcation service since I got a student/teacher discount.

By @Charles237344431dw9

Depending on the school's agreement with Adobe, there were certain circumstances that school versions had an expiration date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the right person on the second try and it is fixed.  Thanks to all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good, glad to hear that.

Sorry to hear you had difficulties. There must have been a misunderstanding somewhere along the way, but happy that it worked out in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines