• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning: Adobe Systems is committing theft ad FRAUD. [Complaint about auto-renewal]

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for a "one year" plan to Adobe Systems Photoshop, online based photography editing software. The payment for the one year plan was to be made monthly for 12 months ("one year") and charged to the credit card that I had on file. During this time, I received many emails from Adobe for various products and services. I saved all of them. After the 12 months of service, my credit card was automatically charged again on the 13th month as this was the start of the second year of the Photoshop subscription. At no point was I ever notified that my subscription for the first year was about to expire. At no point was I notified if I wanted to renew for a second year. At no point did I agree to subscribe to a second year of service. My plan did in fact state "one year". I reviewed the terms and conditions and there was nothing stating that unless notified, your subscription will automatically renew for a second year. When I logged into my online account with Adobe, I tried cancelling my subscription for the second year and was charged $50 to cancel my service early. This is extremely misleading, is considered false advertising, is considered theft and is fraudulent in nature. I called their support number to explain the situation and attempted to cancel my subscription without suffering the $50 cancellation fee and was told that they could not waive the fee. Under the terms and conditions, civil cases are to be processed through arbitration and I am definitely considering going through the process.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

I reviewed the terms and conditions and there was nothing stating that unless notified, your subscription will automatically renew for a second year.

Which terms and conditions did you read?

Adobe - Subscription Terms

CREATIVE CLOUD FOR INDIVIDUALS

Annual contract, paid monthly

Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed the terms and conditions and there was nothing stating that unless notified, your subscription will automatically renew for a second year.

Which terms and conditions did you read?

Adobe - Subscription Terms

CREATIVE CLOUD FOR INDIVIDUALS

Annual contract, paid monthly

Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month for the duration of your annual contract. If the applicable VAT rate (or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly. Your contract will renew automatically, on your annual renewal date, until you cancel. Renewal rates are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period. Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage Account page or by contacting Customer Support.

I do agree though that Adobe need to be much more transparent about this auto-renewal process. As it stands, the system creates lots of unnecessary confusion and angst. Other companies do a much better job of transparency via reminders so that customers are fully aware that auto-renewal is imminent.

Have you had a chance to read through this thread?

How auto-renewal works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was suffering a cancellation fee of over a hundred bucks and i do not even use the software anymore. To stop them from theiving all you have to do is contact your payment card holder/ bank and tell them to cancel the payments made by adobe systems as hey are unauthorised and they can give you a new card number and they can no longer take any money out. Also you can also ask your bank to start a dispute for them to return your money that they have stole. I literally had the same problem and they stole over 100 bucks. I had NO point of contact believe me i tried everything and this is the resolution that helped me get these scammers off my back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines