• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird error: "The application “Creative Cloud” is not open anymore."

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last instance of this I found on this forum is from 2016. When I try to launch Creative Cloud I get this error message (on macOS Monterey 12.6). I can reinstall, it works, then after a reboot or shutdown in the evening... it just won't open again.

Currently I can't install it new either. It does the install, then just doesn't open any window. My installed programs continue to work. It's new behavior, so the 2016 post (even if it weren't locked) is no help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In weird instances like this on a Mac, the next thing I would do is try another user account and see if the same issue persists there.  This could be a case of user account corruption where the best resolution is to move your documents (and minimal library items) to your new user account and start using that moving forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if that helps, thanks! Remembered there's also https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop (which works) to keep things up to date/install from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LarsE9, when you restart your computer and see that message, what happens if you doulble click adobe cc in the mac hd>applications>adobe creative cloud folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same error. I also have left-overs (or so they seem) in HD > Applications > Utilities.

I have folders named 'Adobe Application Manager' / 'Adobe Creative Cloud' / 'Adobe Creative Cloud Experience' / 'Adobe Creative Cloud_5.1.0.407' (nearly two years old) .

This install has traveled with me over multiple computers (I'm not planning a reinstall) so they could be remnants that interfere. But I've given up trying to fix this issue and will use the url I posted above to keep things up to date...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have you used the cc cleaner to remove cc remnants?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines