• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what does the little blue mark on the CC logo in my menu bar (Mac) mean?

Enthusiast ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac and CC 2017 photography subscription

about a month or so ago, a little blue spec started appearing in the lower right corner of my CC icon in the menu bar (from time to time).

What does this mean? I've looked at each category of the CC drop down and nothing seems to show something new etc.

thanks

tom

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

correct, those are sync indicators.

The Green check marks are indicated that the particular file has been synced successfully and the blue arrows mean that the file is still syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may mean updates are available.  attach a screenshot for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Well, as I see it larger I guess it means some type of download or sync is taking place, but the app doesn't seem to show what it refers to and as far as I can tell, everything is totally up to date...

thanks

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, those are sync indicators.

The Green check marks are indicated that the particular file has been synced successfully and the blue arrows mean that the file is still syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file? I don't have anything open and everything is up to date. Syncing with what?

Thanks,

Vaughan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh - some sort of status message, even if you hover over the icon, would be useful.

More interestingly I quit CC and re-started it.  The blue arrows did not re-appear.

That suggests a bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like none of these responses answer your question.  I have the same problem. The screenshot below shows what it looks like. There are no updates available and hovering over it does not reveal anything.

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
…Tom Waits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gnurotic 

you're showing the cc icon with syncing paused/stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synced with what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy23042458zn8q 

you have a local adobe sync folder (defined in your cc desktop app preferences) which syncs with adobe's servers and all your devices that have a cc appp.

p.s. this service will soon disappear

for enterprise and teams, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-for-business-plans.html

for individual subscribers, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I figured it probably was, but given that Adobe clearly has deprecated and intends soon to remove this feature, I can't help but wonder why they would continue to prioritize it enough to display its status in the menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe's not gradually removing this feature.  while it's still supported, it's 109% supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point taken, but not something I would want to start using now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

100% prudent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines