• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happens to my content if I cancel my CC subscription?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC subscription is set to renew in a few weeks, but I don't use it enough to justify the cost, so I'm going to cancel. If I cancel today, will I still be able to use the software through the end of the subscription? Will I still be able to access my content? Or am I better off backing up files to a hard drive before canceling, so that I don't lose them?

It seems that if I've already paid for a year I should be able to use CC for the entire year... but there's a warning on the cancellation screen that's leading me to believe otherwise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

you'll lose files only saved on adobe's cloud servers so, of course, you need those files on storage you control (eg, your harddrive).

when you cancel you'll have access to a free membership, How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership but you'll lose access to programs unless you're entitled to a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Will the creative cloud files that are saved on a hard drive become accessible and editable again if I make a new account in the future (that includes a paid subscription)?

By @defaultnwrbqiniyu2b

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll lose files only saved on adobe's cloud servers so, of course, you need those files on storage you control (eg, your harddrive).

when you cancel you'll have access to a free membership, How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership but you'll lose access to programs unless you're entitled to a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the creative cloud files that are saved on a hard drive become accessible and editable again if I make a new account in the future (that includes a paid subscription)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a student account that is about to expire, so I'm wondering if the files I made under my school creative cloud account (that are now saved in a hard drive), will be able to open up and be edited again by me once I can afford to pay for a new personal account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @defaultnwrbqiniyu2b

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work made a new Adobe account while i was away, and even tho im working from the same computer i cannot access or edit the files saved in the cloud. Files saved on my harddrive works fine. I tried logging in to the old account and checked https://assets.adobe.com/files and https://assets.adobe.com/deleted but none of the files are there. Are they lost for good? TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you sign in to your cc desktop app with your old adobe id?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are gone from the cc app aswell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have a new adobe id and a different old adobe id??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes no clue why they didnt just change the email instead of making a brand new account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you signed out of your cc desktop app and then signed back in using that old id?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the file tab is simply gone, cant find it anywhere in the app. On the web i can find the file tab however it is empty. But when i search for files in illustrator or ps they show up, i just cant open or edit them. Nvm i could 30 min ago they dont show up anymore, might be because i moved the old accounts Creative Cloud Files Folder to the desktop.

Medier32902712mz2z_0-1697203896832.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that looks like they changed your old account.  ask the admin to restore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ill give that a shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome, and update this, if you have time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ended up just cancelling the new account, renewed the old and then i changed the email. It all worked out fine, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

p.s. in the future, download and secure (locally) important adobe cloud assets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My company didn't subscribe to a new year of Adobe CC so now I can't access the files on the cloud. If I renew my subscription, will the files still be linked to my account and will I be able to work with them again? Or are they definitively erased? (I was sure I saved a copy on my computer but it seems I didn't and the file is really important)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default29bq5gkg6qbc 

Your Creative Cloud files are stored on your desktop and the Creative Cloud servers. If you cancel or downgrade your paid membership, you still have access to all the files in the Creative Cloud folder on your computer and via the Creative Cloud website.

Your account will be downgraded to a free membership, which includes 2 GB of storage. If you’re using more than 2 GB of storage, you won't be able to upload new files to the cloud. To upload new files, delete files on the Creative Cloud server until the amount of storage you're using drops below 2 GB.

If you're over your storage limit, you have 30 days to reduce your online usage. After 30 days, you could lose access to some or all of your files saved on the Creative Cloud servers.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/faq.html#storeNServe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines