• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What have you done in place of Encore??

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this topic has been discussed over and over but 1) I've searched the forums and have not found a suitable answer and 2) despite my searching there's still about a zillon posts on this subject so it's like chasing my own tail! lol

Bottom line, I know there's a lot of us in the same boat where we updated our Mac OS to Big Sur and now Encore doesn't work.  I was able to boot my computer in Mojave only to learn that Adobe CS4/5/6 (and hence Encore) CANNOT be downloaded.  

Please help me out, what have you all done in this case?  Like others, I have multiple clients breathing down my neck to get their discs and I don't know what to do.  There's some talk of other software programs but I can't seem to make heads or tails out of all of it.

I GREATLY appreicate any feedback or advice.  

Question - do you know if it is possible to get Encore app files from a colleague and install it on my computer??

THANK YOU!

Eric

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>CANNOT be downloaded

This was posted 3-23-21 so see if it helps
https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/download-non-subscription-adobe-software/td-p/119198...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for link it helps me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but mine is subscription based so I don't believe this link will help in my situation.  I'm reviewing the apps in your first reply but none seem to do exactly what Encore does/did, but I will look at them closer.  Thank you for your replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>subscription based

At one time Adobe let you install Encore with a subscription... that ended about a year ago

Adobe does not offer ANY disc authoring with a subscription

Premiere Elements for Windows... NOT Mac... will author a DVD, but not a Blu Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup!  I'm so frustrated right now that I actually contemplated going back to Final Cut Pro 😉  But I know it's not Adobe's fault.  From what I've read online the parent company of Encore (which was not an Adobe product) was bought out and they are the ones that put an end to Encore.  I just can't believe that it's been "this" hard to find a solution to burning (and authoring) discs!  But, thanks to one of the links you suggested I was reminded that I'm a Roxio Toast customer, though I haven't touched the software for years.  But that got me looking into Toast as an option and it looks like the $109 Toast 19 Pro may be my answer.  I might be a bit premature in writing this post, I should wait until I've tested it (I just downloaded) it.  I will try to follow up here with my observations for those who are in the same situation as I.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>parent company of Encore (which was not an Adobe product)

Encore was an Adobe program, but several of the program pieces inside the "envelope" of Encore were licensed... those pieces were what was taken away from Adobe... same effect, but Encore was stopped because Adobe did not want to get into a licensing issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines