• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is going on?

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I created a post called "Frequent requests to log in".

Having managed to eventually get through to Planet Adobe and receive advice on how to overcome the need to frequently log into Photoshop, Bridge etc. As a mere 'Beginner' I thought I would be the good samaritan and share it with the Community.

I now realise that the Planet Adobe advice was an absolute waste of space, so I decided to go back into the thread and apologise for uploading incorrect information.

So off I rushed to my thread, only to find it is locked - WHY?

Is it because I was critical of 'Adobe Planet beyond the stars and beyond communication' or did I perhaps upset some hierarchical person with the key to the lock?

It would seem that the only way to avoid constant requests to log in, is to be eternally logged into Adobe Creative Cloud!

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

i recall your post and you'd requested that thread be closed:

"Is there anyone out there in the Community who has had the ability to close at least one of the many thousands of threads?"

you were also intolerant of me questioning some of your information (which was misleading) so it seemed prudent to either delete or lock it. i opted to lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recall your post and you'd requested that thread be closed:

"Is there anyone out there in the Community who has had the ability to close at least one of the many thousands of threads?"

you were also intolerant of me questioning some of your information (which was misleading) so it seemed prudent to either delete or lock it. i opted to lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MariePierre47,

FYI, this is a user-to-user community, not Adobe support.  For the most part, we are product users like you and unpaid forum volunteers, not Adobe employees. 

I can confirm that you requested your previous topic be closed.  Be careful what you ask for.  🙂

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/frequent-requests-to-log-in/m-p/12060523#M531792

Please refer to this help article.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite taken back by the the route my initial posting has taken, together with the responses I have received. My aim was to simply pass on advice. Yes, some of the content gave vent to my frustrations on attempting to contact Adobe Customer Support and the fact that when I eventually got through, the resultant information provided was useless.

In my post "Frequent requests to log in." I felt I provided clear information. When this was questioned, I spent the time to provide two screen shots of the three click process of manually closing Photoshop. To this I received yet another request for clarification. At this point I felt I could not add any further clarification to this simple process. I posted "and therefore see no point in providing any further input on this thread." I did not see this as an instruction to close the thread, but more, a request for other members of the Community to provide further input.

I do not feel my actions showed any form of intolerance, on the contrary, I feel I showed considerable patience.

Then out of the woodwork I am provocatively told "Be careful what you ask for."

Hark! Yet again I hear the jangling of padlocks and keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and i was surprised by your reaction to my questions.  so, let's start over and i'll explain my questions.

in your first post you wrote:

"When using Photoshop and Bridge I was frequently asked for my log in details. I eventually managed to find a telephone number for Adobe.

I was informed that to avoid constantly logging in I should open each programme, go to the 'Help' prompt and close each one manually. Then go to Creative Cloud and open each programme. This should cure the problem and allow normal closure and opening of each programme."

and i reponded:

"i don't know what a help prompt is, and you can't close from the help menu.  on windows you can exit from the file menu and you can sign out from the help menu.

can you more clearly explain?"

first, the reason i responded to your post was the issue you faced (repeated requests to sign in) is a frequent complaint in these forums and you seemed to have a new solution.  i wanted to learn that solution so i could pass it on to others having the same problem.

second, i questioned your statement about a help prompt because (afaik) there is no such thing, but i suggested you might mean 1 of 2 things, and you confirmed with a very helpful screenshot: open an adobe program > click help > click sign out.

i then responded:

"when you clicked help>sign out (and confirmed your sign out), were you able to again click help > sign out (and confirm) a second time without signing in?"

the reason i wrote that is two-fold.  one, in your first message, you stated " ...should open each programme, go to the 'Help' prompt and close each one manually" which i then understood to mean, open each program > click help > click sign out but two, (afaik) once you sign out in one program (or the cc desktop app), you cannot do that again unless you sign in.

and then i felt you no longer wanted to deal with me or this topic or adobe when you posted:

"Is there anyone out there in the Community who has had the ability to close at least one of the many thousands of threads?

Does life exist beyond stars and beyond the reach of British Telecom on Planet Adobe? Are there Adobe entities who have visited earth and know of the existence of the Community.

Can anyone or anything help our Comrade Kglad, Adobe Community Professional who is presently floating in the abyss and unable to manually close the hatch on Starship Adobe Photoshop.

As a mere Adobe Community Beginner, I have clearly and miserably failed in my two attempts to reach out to help Comrade Kglad and therefore can see no point in providing any further input to this this thread."

i thought you were asking that thread to be deleted.  but because there was nothing offensive in that thread and i felt it might help someone, i decided to lock it instead of delete (or more accurately hide) it.

at this point, i don't see any point in discussing that thread.  i wanted you to understand that i was not trying to aggravate you: i had reasons for asking those questions of you and i still would like to find if you have a possible solution that might help others who are prompted to sign-in when they have not explicitly signed-out.

right now, my best guess is:

1. open any adobe program (but not the cc desktop app),

2. click help>click sign out.

3. either open the cc desktop app and sign in. or open another adobe program and click help >sign in (which will open the cc desktop app) and sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I certainly feel that we got off on the wrong foot. As I have said, some of the angst resulted from the shear frustration of spending hours trying to contact Adobe Customer Care and receive meaningful information. I have read many of the threads within the Community and it is clear that there is an overwhelming dissillusionment with Adobe. I recognise that giving vent is not what the Community is all about.

We need not reiterate any of the previous correspondence, because it simply does not work. The link offered by Nancy OShea also does not work. So I'm afraid we are back to square one - What is the method of preventing the need to constantly log in?

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you see?

prompts to sign in every time you restart your computer?

prompts to sign in repeatedly and the inability to sign in, at all?

prompts to sign in every few days with no pattern of computer restarts, days, etc?

something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually caused by a problem at the OS level.  Try resetting your Hosts file manually.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html#reset-host-file

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked out the pattern: -

First Kglad comes back with his next 'question of the day' which inevitably takes us around another loop.

So the nearest answer to your current question of the day is "prompts to sign in every few days with no pattern of computer restarts, days, etc?' i.e. the heading to my initial posting "Frequent requests to log in." 

And then Nancy comes back with her next 'link of the day' which inevitably takes us around another loop.

Yes, I tried resetting the host file which resulted in "0 hosts file entries were fixed! Please restart your application(s). Then the real joke 'If you continue to experience issues, please contact Customer Support which leads to a page headed 404 ERROR.

Surely, on a question that Kglad confirms as 'a question which is frequently asked', the next step in the Community Book Of Rules should be 'When all else fails contact Planet Adobe' and obtain a definitive answer which can be confidently spread amongst us minions in the Community. Or is that to obvious?

Bemused & Confused

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glory, Glory, Allelujah!

I have been promoted. I am no longer a mere 'Begginer', I am now a 'Conversationalist'.

My only concern is, at 74 years of age, my time is running out to reach the top of the ladder which will alow me onto Starship Community on a voyage beyond the stars to Planet Adobe?

Yours totally gob smacked!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines