• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What provisions are you making for Creative Master CS4 owners? "Activation Servers Retired" $2,500

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CREATIVE SUITE 2, 3, AND 4

You can no longer reinstall Creative Suite 2, 3 or 4 even if you have the original installation disks. The aging activation servers for those apps had to be retired.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update the activation servers for backward compatibility and ask Microsoft for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the CC forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you realize this is a public forum and not Adobe?

Post that here where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob, how would I know or even care? Clearly, you have never came out of pocket as a student that long ago $2,500 for an application, for me was not worth it.

FootNote: I am still paying off student loans which financed that purchase.

I never learned the product well enough to gain anything, with the exception of Adobe Acrobat.

If I am not to voice whatever my technical needs I want to express, then, I should not be here anyway, nor buy anymore of Adobe products.  Thank God Most High for unlocking the noose of pdf files by Microsoft and other pdf app developers so that no one has to hear your nasty grams.

Adobe got me once, but, never more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is end of life. That ship sailed a l-o-n-g  time ago.

Assuming you never upgrade your computer and you never need support or re-activation services, it's possible to keep using CS products indefinitely.   But for ongoing support from Adobe (or any software maker), you need current products.  As of this writing, Adobe supports Creative Cloud products  2020 and higher, not legacy-ware from 10-15 years ago.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CREATIVE SUITE 2, 3, AND 4

You can no longer reinstall Creative Suite 2, 3 or 4 even if you have the original installation disks.

A quirk with CS4 is that you CAN still install and activate CS4 as things stand today. I did it successfully a couple of weeks because I occasionally read in these forums that CS4 activation was still possible but no-one knew for sure.

Seems that retiring the CS, CS2 and CS3 activation servers also removed the ability to DEactivate CS4. But, as Nancy says, these are very old, superseded products.

Notwithstanding the above, this is really a discussion for Windows users. With or without activation, none of these products can be installed on modern Macs running Catalina or Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John for your heart felt response.  What is did you use?  I installed and reconfigured, Windows XPv3, Windows 7, Windows 8, Vista and none worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed and activated CS4 on Windows 10. Worked OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your specific error? You might be assuming it's the activation server when it's something else. There are many possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines