• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When are Adobe ready to run on M1 Macs ?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Creative Cloud be ready to run on M1 Mac computers ?  I did't belive it at first, but I had to buy and older Mac to be abel to work with my Adobe licenses... When will I work again ? 

At Big Sur and M1 ? 

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know - does not give any answars to my quastions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the official word.  

anyone that knows that answer would probably be subject to an nda and everyone else (like me) would be guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each team is working on it, it's just a question of when.

The Apple version of Adobe Media Encoder went into beta just recently (I think last week and available for download via Creative Cloud Desktop).  If you're encoding Apple ProRes frequently on an M1, start using it!  I needed to transcode a 45 minutes of MP4 screen recording (2560-by-1440 30fps 00:45:19:27)  to Apple ProRes422 LT.  The Intel version of Media Encoder (the current relase, version 15.0) did it in 38 mintues and 15 seconds.  The Apple version of Media Encoder (the beta, version 15.1) did it in 23 minutes and 30 seconds.  And they were runnig at the same time on an M1 Mac mini.  I'm super excited for everything to Apple native (well, at least After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator , InDesign, Audition, Character Animator and Animate).

The Intel version of Photoshop is running well enough, but features/capabilities are missing.  I frequently create animated GIFs by improting ProRes QuickTime into PS and then exporting via Save for Web Legacy (which is still avaiable), but I had to go with Media Encoer instead as the MOV file could not be selected via PS's File > Open.  It was unexpected and a little disappointing, but it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just realized that I didn't respond in the main thread.  Reposting here.

Each team is working on it, it's just a question of when.

The Apple version of Adobe Media Encoder went into beta just recently (I think last week and available for download via Creative Cloud Desktop).  If you're encoding Apple ProRes frequently on an M1, start using it!  I needed to transcode a 45 minutes of MP4 screen recording (2560-by-1440 30fps 00:45:19:27)  to Apple ProRes422 LT.  The Intel version of Media Encoder (the current relase, version 15.0) did it in 38 mintues and 15 seconds.  The Apple version of Media Encoder (the beta, version 15.1) did it in 23 minutes and 30 seconds.  And they were runnig at the same time on an M1 Mac mini.  I'm super excited for everything to Apple native (well, at least After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator , InDesign, Audition, Character Animator and Animate).

The Intel version of Photoshop is running well enough, but features/capabilities are missing.  I frequently create animated GIFs by improting ProRes QuickTime into PS and then exporting via Save for Web Legacy (which is still avaiable), but I had to go with Media Encoer instead as the MOV file could not be selected via PS's File > Open.  It was unexpected and a little disappointing, but it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines