Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I download InDesign CC 2018?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've recently updated my indesign to the new Indesign 2021 but I need my old Indesign 2018 for all my plug ins to work. 

I've been to https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html and it doesn't has it. The creative cloud app also doesn't have.

Where can I find it? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Try the www.prodesigntools.com website. The links posted on this site download from Adobe servers. If they don't work, then it means that Adobe has stopped providing the download. Anyone contacting you claiming to provide an installer would most certainly be a spammer so avoid them.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the www.prodesigntools.com website. The links posted on this site download from Adobe servers. If they don't work, then it means that Adobe has stopped providing the download. Anyone contacting you claiming to provide an installer would most certainly be a spammer so avoid them.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch 😄 It worked! Still has 2018 indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi slycatch7,

what's the exact version number of your now installed InDesign CC 2018?

To check that hold the Ctrl key and go to About InDesign ( or the Cmd key when on Mac OS X ).

If you are lucky you installed the latest updated and bug fixed version of InDesign CC 2018 with version number 13.1.1.110 like I am showing this from my German InDesign on Windows 10:

InDesign-CC-2018-Version-13.1.1.110.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a recurring issue evry year , with paying users  looking for previous versions, why dont they just downloads easily accessible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe supports only the last two versions of the software officially and those versions are available via the Creative Cloud Desktop app. The other versions though available from Adobe servers are not something that they actually want us to use nor do they provide us with any support for these versions.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to download indesign 2018 but can't find the app anywhere?

Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to download indesign 2018 but can't find the app anywhere?

Please help!!

By sammorton@creativenoir.co

Did you read the correct answer on this post? The information pointing to the downloads is right there.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I did read the answer bu the download I need isn't on the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download links are clearly labeled on the right side of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saying that this link: http://www.prodesigntools.com/

is not in the correct answer post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies! Thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I downloaded the installer for Indesign 2018 but it says it needs updating. Still at a loss as to how I can download indesign 2018. I am on Big Sur 11.2.1.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, what you see there is what you get. It's not supported and I don't know if you'll get any updates through Creative Cloud. In short, you're on your own here.

Perhaps if you tell us why it's so important to use a four year old version of InDesign we might be able to offer some ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the 4 year old version of indesign as this is what my client works with.

I discovered that when I backdsave indesign 2021 as an idml it will not open in 2018. There is also the issue that all the image and copy links are broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the InDesign 2018 versions for Mac and Windows without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need the 4 year old version of indesign as this is what my client works with.

You need to have a conversation with the client about this. Find out what's holding them back and see what can be done about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I downloaded the installer for Indesign 2018 but it says it needs updating. Still at a loss as to how I can download indesign 2018. I am on Big Sur 11.2.1.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

This doesn't make sense. You said you downloaded the installer. I presume you installed it since you said it needed updating. Then you said you were at a lost as to how to download it.

Please explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In downloaded the installer but when I clicked to install it advisd that it was not compatible and that the app developer would need to update it to enable installment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like an issue with your OS, not InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Probably too new for CS6 to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In downloaded the installer but when I clicked to install it advisd that it was not compatible and that the app developer would need to update it to enable installment.

Appart from if it is actually possible to run CC 2018 on Big Sur (don't know, system requirements don't necessarily mean it can't run) – that's maybe because of the "phoneing-home" that the Installer is obviously doing.
I ran into the exact same problem the other day on a Windows maschine, blocked internet access for the install and voila, no problems... afterwards you can/need to connect it again for validating licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. You are on Big Sur 11.2.1. That means that you cannot run InDesign CC 2018 on that system. See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html

To run InDesign CC 2018 you either need a machine with a lower version of Mac OS or a Windows PC.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines