• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I download the exe directly? - Linux User

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, I'm done with Windows and all of its forced update resource-hungry bloatware shenanigans and I've gone back to Linux.

Unfortunatey however, my subscription to Adobe for Photoshop and Illustrator was purchased and used on Windows.

Fortunately however, I've got Wine on Linux so all is not lost. I can get back to work.

Unfortunately however, I need assistance figuring out where I can download the Windows-Specific exe installation files. Under my list of products, it's already detected I'm on a Linux machine and won't let me specify an operating system to download it onto. If it's available for Android, Apple and Windows, wouldn't they have something somewhere that'd let you decide which format you want to download it in?

Thanks for the help in advance

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Atumisk,

Adobe no lonfer ships with offline installers the only way to install the apps is via Creative Cloud Desktop and if that is not allowing you to change the operating system then it seems there is no way the online installation would be able to work. What you can do however is contact support and ask them for a copy of an offline installer for WIN they shoud provide you with a temporary download link for the application.To contact support, login to your account and navigate to the URL below. Make sure that the browser has cookies enabled, and all script blockers are disabled.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Type AGENT to avoid bots and talk to a human.
Also, be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You download with the Creative Cloud app. This has to be installed anyway, there is no escape, since it manages the licensing on behalf of all the apps.  This offers direct download links by platform (towards the end). https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

I'd say the chances of working in Wine are minimal, but let us know, many would be interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here for more informations

How to Get New Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 Direct Download Links | ProDesignTools

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but Adobe desktop apps won't run on Linux platform unless you install a VirtualBox and Windows OS.  Adobe products never worked on Linux and probably never will. 

Only a few mobile apps (not what you're using) can run on Androids and iOS devices.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines