• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the product updates download page for CS6?

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Mac OSX Sierra and need to reintall Photoshop CS6 from a DVD. I would also like to download the various product updates manually, however, when I go to the usual download support webpage, https://www.adobe.com/mt/downloads/updates.html  the list of all of the various Adobe programs, Mac and Win versions, are all listed, however, the links on that page seem to be broken. Searching around, I have not found another page that replaces this one; is there another location to find these updates to download? If no longer posted here, is there another archive site for CS6 updates and support notes? Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021
Community Expert , Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

I've found a work-around to allow the Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.2 Update to proceed;

It seems that all of the other stand-alone CS6 updates will run directly from the mounted *.dmg disk image file and install the update directly, however, the Bridge update was not following that same scenario.

Not being sure whether the AdobePatchInstaller that came with the Bridge 5.0.2 update was corrupted or limited in some way, I copied the AdobePatchInstaller from another CS6 update along with the original "payl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's too bad about the updates being removed ... I should have downloaded these a long time ago. Are these available from a 3rd party archive? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver updates from 2012:

https://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs612712

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting that Dreamweaver CS6 is still supported but not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

You can look here for the updates:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand about updating from within the application. Unfortunately, the Camera Raw 9.1.1 for PS CS6 needs to be downloaded separately. Additionally, I was looking ahead to be prepared for the time when Adobe shuts-off the "Help>Updates" path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I'm looking for ... thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turned out, the update function from within the application was not working right, only (1) of the (4) updates displayed would actually install after several retries. None of PS 13.0.x updates were even shown as options (I was starting from a baseline 13.0.0 installation). Camera Raw 9.1.1 was shown but would not install ("there was error downloading this update"). Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.2 and Extension Manager 6.0.8 updates also would not install.

Both the Camera Raw 9.1.1 and the PS 13.0.6 updates required manually installing from separately downloaded update files ... this confirms my original concern about the in-app update support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is on life support.  You may not be able to use it much longer. 

A Photography Plan for only $10/month includes updates and upgrades.

-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up on the CS6 update situation; the manually installed updates have worked fine, and I'll save those files if I ever need to reinstall again in the future. Unfortunately, the update from within the Photoshop CS6 application is completely broken, so I am still looking for the following (2) updates for Mac:

• Extension Manager 6.0.8 Update
  • Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.2 Update

By any chance are these available for manual download? Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again ... thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm 1 for 2 on this one; the Extension Manager 6.0.8 Update installed fine, however, the Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.2 Update seems to be either broken or needs some additional installation software ... I get the error message. "Updatges could not be applied ... Adobe Application Manager maybe be damaged. Download and install a new copy of Adobe Application Manager".

This has me stumped as the CS6 Adobe Application Manager is not missing and doesn't appear to be damaged, but I suspect it may be out-of-date and creating a conflict and giving a misleading erro message. Some other posts suggests to remove it completely, others say to remove and re-install. I can't find anywhere to download load a stand-alone version to re-install as the pop-up error message would seem to imply. Is there a download for the Adobe Application Manager?

Is there such a thing as a stand-alone version of the Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.2 Update that does not require the Adobe Application Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the fact that CS6 is on life support means that if you want updates now, you need to pony up for new software.  It's been nearly a decade since CS6 came out so it is what it is.

A basic Photography Plan will cost you $10/month for 12 months and includes these titles with all the latest updates.

-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, thank you for the recommendation on the CC-based Photography Plan option ... I'll keep that in mind for if / when I upgrade my Mac OS beyond Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a work-around to allow the Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.2 Update to proceed;

It seems that all of the other stand-alone CS6 updates will run directly from the mounted *.dmg disk image file and install the update directly, however, the Bridge update was not following that same scenario.

Not being sure whether the AdobePatchInstaller that came with the Bridge 5.0.2 update was corrupted or limited in some way, I copied the AdobePatchInstaller from another CS6 update along with the original "payloads" folder from the Bridge update and placed them in a new folder on my desktop. From there, double-clicking on that alternate AdobePatchInstaller worked without error, correctly installing the Bridge 5.0.2 update.

In hindsight, I doubt there was a corruption in the AdobePatchInstaller that came with the Bridge 5.0.2 update disk image, rather it was probably a Mojave OS quirk that forced this work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when installing the stand-alone update installers on Sierra and above, one needs

to use the strps outlined here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the product updates download page for CS6? I went to the page I always used but it doesn't show any updates for CS6. Why did you make a new page?

[Spam link removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe decided to no longer support the older products such as CS6. Follow the discussion on this page and you will find alternate locations to download the updates manually. Alternately, you could also try the "Wayback Machine Internet Archive" and search for the page you previously used on a date before Adobe took it down ... dates between 2012 and 2016 seem to be the best targets for this search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines