• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which version upgrade should I install for solution 2 to solve error U44IM1p7?

Participant ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an upgrade notice for Photoshop CS6 that results in a failed installation error U44lM1p7. After following recommended fixes, I tried the first then had to resort to the second to download manually from Adobe.  Hopefully, a more recent update solves my problem if the date formats match for programs and updates.  It would help if they were.

I need to verify whether I have the correct download as follows:

My version from Help in Photoshop CS6 is 13.0.1 (13.0.1.3 2013/10/24.r.34 2013/10/24:21:00:00)64 for my Windows 64 bit PC.  This Photoshop was included with Production Premium CS6.

Since the zip file download I chose for solution 2 shows 11/7/2013 26.2 MB for my existing version, and the date format in Photoshop CS6 Help is inconsistent with the download, should I install the download assuming year/month/day format in Help is earlier than 11/7/2013 i.e. month/day/year?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

all adobe files are self extracting.  you do not need to extract anything (unless you have an incompatible os like sierra).

you should download and double click the last update to ps cs6 from here,  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

which you already appear to have installed (13.0.1.3)

Screenshot - 2_20_2017 , 6_42_49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version is update?

and, if it weren't applicable, you'd see an error message when trying to apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK .  However, upon unzipping, I see a payloads folder with a large number of files including a Core and versions for various languages with the following 2 folders for my 64 bit PC:

1. Photoshop13-Core_x64-291013160953
  2. Photoshop13-en_GB_x64-20101131144553

Both include an Assets1_1.zip file in addition to others.

It appears both Assets need to be unzipped to include a Core installer and an English version installer, Core first and the en_GB next.  This may provide the upgrade that previously failed or an error message if an incorrect version upgrade.

Is this correct or how else do I proceed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all adobe files are self extracting.  you do not need to extract anything (unless you have an incompatible os like sierra).

you should download and double click the last update to ps cs6 from here,  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

which you already appear to have installed (13.0.1.3)

Screenshot - 2_20_2017 , 6_42_49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming I have the correct update.  My apologies for not noticing the AdobePatchInstaller.exe directly under the CS6_13_0_1_3_upd.  Also for confirming that the different date formats used in the program Help and this executable, although different, means that the update executable is more recent than the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome (but i don't see anything marked correct, any more).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the AdobePatchInstaller.exe that indicated this is not the correct version for me.  I also followed instructions in Photoshop Help that sent me to Photoshop CS6 in the Creative Cloud manager.  I previously tried this update version that failed.  My next instruction is to contact support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse this problem I created by selecting "Unmark Correct" when I previously chose "Correct".  We now appear to be all "Correct" - a possible problem with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

The problem with all marked correct appears to correct itself upon logout.  This is the second time that I needed to change Correct to Unmark Correct when all replies were marked as Correct before I logged out.  It appears to be a temporary problem. In any case, you did correctly answer my confirmation request.

I still need to solve the problem I have with failed updates for Photoshop CS6 on 2 of my PCs.  Neither the CC manager appearance nor the manual attempts to install the updates work.  I find this curious since I believe all regular updates that appeared on my PCs for all the CS6 Production Premium applications were installed.  Only since I moved to the all inclusive CC suite of video editing applications does this problem appeared to have started.

Can you help me further or do I need to start a new discussion with technical support?  If with you, what should I try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you already have the last ps cs6 update installed if your ps shows it's version 13.0.1.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the update message on CC manager for Photoshop CS6 with the install error U44lM1p7 is incorrect.  This is probably logical since upgrades to CS6 would no longer be supported with the upgrade to CC.

Thank you for persevering with me through this update problem. Another problem is the inconsistent date format. These should be corrected by Adobe since I may not be the only one experiencing these problems that still existed up to my support request.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite strange to me and seems somewhat dishonest..... I have an older mac that crapped out on me so I needed newer model and that apparently means not too new.... I had seller instal 2 os for me... One Mountain Lion because I knew that could work, and the other High Sierra.... I was able to update the program installed on Mountain Lion (Older OS) but The browser support was crappy so I needed to register offline.. Updates however fro Help section of PS worked flawlessly... High Sierra had excellent browser support and I was able to install much more easily... However it is Adobe allows no update on newer os...it isn't that CS6 has "No" support, it is that they cut you off if your browser is too new... This is quite posessive... We all know what that suite costs and we got cut off at the knees... I am on disability and cant afford to rent stuff that I already purchased... The reason I need to use newer OS is because my plugins wont work on older os.... Do I need to get raw open on older machine and then save PS. just to have to shut down comp and work after booting another drive????? The site still allows the update if you m are runnong an older os.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not talking about support, I am talking about a file I paid for........ Where does file go when an older machine was able to retrieve it??? an I copine tha t was able to download to thee one that wasn't???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone that purchased any thing CS6 got all of their included updates for free with the program over time... Adobe didn't stop supporting CS6, they just disqualified communication for the final upfdate package IF your browser is too new..... What business is that of theirs???? I paid for those updates when I bought their suite.... These Updates I need include a plethora of programs included in Production Premium.... This is stealing to me... The package still exists and is still downloadable as long as your computer is old enough... and your OS isn't too new.... I don't want support, I want my file I paid for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe (although I could be wrong, I don't use Macs) that CS6 will not run on any Mac with an OS of Catalina or later. This was not Adobe's doing, it was Apple's. Apple removed support for 32-bit applications. I think PS from CS6 was 64-bit, but the installer is not.

ETA: the best place to get the last updates for CS4 through CS6 is https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html#:~:text=Creative%20Suite%20(CS)%20Direct...

Note that the activation servers for CS5 through CS6 are the only ones still online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're posting to a thread that's 5 years old, and you're last post is garbled.

what is the problem you're having? does your first post have all the needed info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

probably...Thanks for responding on this.....TIME MACHINE...

It is strange that the ADOBE link to get final upgrades to CS6 work as long as you are on an older OS.... Why have they forbidden a newer OS from the download... it is still CS6... This is posessive... I need the newer OS because my plugins wont work on older OS...Older os was only one to download RAW plugin.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. cs 6 downloads have not been taken down and anyone with any os can download.  they're still available via https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

2.  adobe didn't do anything to make older software incompatible with new mac os'es. apple did that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines