• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White screen when I try to install Adobe Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Adobe creative cloud exe file and tried to run the installation, but after I filled in my credentials in the pop-up window I see a white screen and the installation isn't starting. I already tried a lot via forum & documentation, but nothing helped. Please assist me. Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Hi LotJochems,

As you have mentioned you are unable to install and use the Creative Cloud desktop app as it is a blank white screen.

Just to confirm have you tried the troubleshooting given in the following help document: Blank white screen at sign-in | Adobe Creative Cloud Packager, ​if not then please give it a try.

If the above the link does not help, then I would recommend you to follow the steps given in 'Solution 2' in the following document: "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LotJochems,

As you have mentioned you are unable to install and use the Creative Cloud desktop app as it is a blank white screen.

Just to confirm have you tried the troubleshooting given in the following help document: Blank white screen at sign-in | Adobe Creative Cloud Packager, ​if not then please give it a try.

If the above the link does not help, then I would recommend you to follow the steps given in 'Solution 2' in the following document: "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to do with the Adobe installer leveraging the builtin Internet Explorer browser (not Edge) which is installed whether you know it or not.  For example a fresh install of Creative Cloud on Windows Server 2022 exhibits this problem and it's the same for windows 10 and 11. 

The real answer is to go into your Start Menu / Settings --> Internet Options --> Security Tab --> Select the Internet Zone --> Disable Protected Mode --> Custom Level --> Enable everything (I'm guessing its a subset but I'm too lazy to figure it out).  Then hit OK and Apply and OK and launch the Adobe installer again.

This is because the Adobe Creative cloud installer leverages the builtin Internet Explorer browser as an embeded frame inside their installer (rather than your default browser like chrome/firefox/safari) and it requires some javascript/functions that are blocked by those security settings.  

Of course once you are done be sure to reset everything back to secure in Internet Options (there are buttons for this).

Adobe, think you can fix this on the next go around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is literally the correct answer, selecting the medium setting solves the problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines