• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do the CC app alert me for updates when there is nothing to update?

Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, why does the CC app alerts me to update an CC app or CC apps though they are already updated?

I see this from time to time and today i was alerted that i needed to update my Photoshop 23.0.1 to Photoshop 23.0.1 which makes no sense. Sometimes it want to update all installed apps. Sometimes it sticks until i restart the computer and sometimes it goes awaya fter a couple of minutes.

I see this on several computers, so there is nothing wrong with the computers. I have seen it on fresh installs of Windows 10 and now in Windows 11.

Today it sticks, meaning that the CC app still urges me to update Photoshop 23.0.1 to 23.0.1.

Why? How to solve?

Averdahl_0-1637324949446.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl, there have been a few updates released for Photoshop CC.  I am unsure if all of those updates resulted in a new version number. However, I know I have applied updates to Photoshop CC and several other Adobe applications in the last week on multiple computers.

You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html to turn off automatic updates.  It won't prevent new updates from being detected, but only mandatory updates to the Creative Cloud desktop app will be automatically applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Averdahl, there have been a few updates released for Photoshop CC.

By @Jeff A Wright

For Photoshop CC2022 there has been one (1) update and not a few updates, at least for Windows users. 🙂

Photoshop 23.0.1 were released on nov 12 2021. I have never seen any Adobe product get a new update with the same number as the previous update, hence the question why the CC app alerts me to upgrade to a version i already have installed. There is only one (1) 23.0.1 version for Windows.

Update list and dates here: New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop (adobe.com)

You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html to turn off automatic updates.  It won't prevent new updates from being detected, but only mandatory updates to the Creative Cloud desktop app will be automatically applied.

By @Jeff A Wright

I have this option set to Off already since it when enabled updates apps silently in the BG and do not alert the user like in this case. The issue is that it alerts for versions already installed when this option disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines