• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Acrobat Pro so slow to install on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 400 MBPS cable connection.  Why is Acrobat Pro taking forever to install?  And it freezes in the middle of the install.

This is a free trial and so far, I am not impressed.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's not enough info in your post to offer help/info, but generally adobe installs take 3-10 minutes for users with fast connections and computers which is relatively slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it took me over an hour to download it and I still don't know why.  Even enormous MMORPGs take only a few minutes to download on my system. 

What information do you need?

Aurelio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem's solved. case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT HELPFUL youre a terrible "CoMuNiTY eXPeRt" you closed the case without an ounce of effort. He literally asked what info you need and you just closed the ticket

It's a PDF reader it shouldn't take 45 mins to install 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the initial post the problem was the inability to download an adobe file and i was going to help the op with that.  in the follow-up post the file completed downloading.  ie, the op issue was resolved.

however, the "case closed" was harsh and i regret saying that.  my apologies.

it would have been better to state that because there are so many variables involved with download speeds from adobe servers, it's probably not worthwhile to try and deconstruct what caused the original problem.

p.s. pdf reader is not the same as acrobat pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's Adobe, they are normaly slow at everything, you could have fastest internet and system in the world and it would still take for ever. I work in IT, installing Adobe on many systems and it is the most time consuming thing I do. On the latest MacBook Pro which is my personal laptop with 500 mb/s internet took me 45 mins and around 8 retries to install. I know this wasn't much help but it seems to be an Adobe problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines