• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe using massive CPU time ?

Advocate ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded all apps in my Creative Cloud subscription to give them a try. Now I find that some apps take a long time to load and looking at the Activity monitor on my MacBook Pro, I find a whole bunch of Adobe processes eating up a lot of CPU time. I have no idea what these processes are doing. What does the Adobe Acrobat Synchronizer do? What are multiple Adobe CEF Helpers and multiple AdobeCRDeamon processes doing ? 

I happen to think that my MacBook Pro is my own computer and I would like to have full documentation on what these processes are doing so that I can decide if the current situation is normal or not. If someone knows where all of this is described, then please answer with a link to that documentation.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is useful info. Especially when I move back to the Belgian Ardennes after this summer. Bandwidth is dramatic over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe needs to properly address the constant issues of various parts of CC chewing up massive amounts of CPU and battery. It's tiring having my laptop go thermonuclear every time I boot up Photoshop. Saving a PNG in 2021? Get ready for what sounds like the helicopters from Apocalypse Now. It's actually a running joke in our studio. "Who's running CC? I can't hear myself think."

Linking old threads from 2017 and earlier, none of which actually solve the problem. I've found official comments on these forums from 2015 that recognise the issue. Six years later and it's still not fixed.

Looking forward to Adobe getting some proper competition so they're actually movitated to deliver better software for the price they charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines