• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the Creative Cloud desktop app still so inaccurate?

Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud, as seen in the first attachment, said I had a heaping handful of updates available today. Knowing this was wrong, I reloaded it and as the second screenshot shows, only Photoshop was needing an update.

This happens about twice a month, this innacuurate update tally.

Why?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must admit I've never seen these inaccuracies.

Which version of the Cloud desktop app are you running? Current version is 5.6.5.58.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

If you're so inclined, and you say this is a recurring issue, one option may be to uninstall the desktop app and reinstall it just to see if such a refresh makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the version, but after all the deleted preferences and reinstalls of Photoshop, Illustrator, and especially InDesign in the last 9 months because of universal issues on M1 macs and just dreadfully sloppy programming,  I'm a little gunshy to un/reinstalling again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, I'm only suggesting (as an option) reinstalling the desktop app which controls installs and updates. Not all the Cloud apps that you already have installed.

Others may chime in with other options later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh absolutely. Didn't even cross my mind. But it was happening to me bore a recent complete wipe and rebuild of the M1 as though I'd never owned a Mac. Hadn't done that in over a decade so felt it was time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines