• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why isn't there a Graphic Design plan?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, it was just a thought/suggestion I had...I've subscribed on and off to the full Creative Cloud plan, but it's a bit expensive for me as I only end up using three programs the most. I like the idea of the Photography plan but it isn't suited for me because I need Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign for the most part. Why aren't there more plan options like this so your plan can be more tailored to which programs you use? A plan with these three apps would make a good graphic design package, in my opinion. There could be other options for web design, digital artists, all the different types of people who use Adobe software. A customizable package in which you choose 3-5 programs/features and your subscription rate is adjusted based on what you have selected would be even better! It's frustrating when the page says there are "dozens of options" but they're all just different versions of the full plan or the photography plan. I would really love to see some different plan options to get the most out of my subscription! I feel like I'm overpaying for access to apps I don't use much because they have to be bundled in with the ones I do.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My take (not Adobe's) This is based on a complete misunderstanding which can be put as "20 and more apps for $50 model, so each app is worth, what, $2.50?") It was really priced to the idea of pros using 3 apps. So $50 for three apps is the price; it's a rare person that constantly needs more. Nobody really uses the whole family, it's just easier for Adobe to bundle it that way, and as a bonus the designer gets a video app to use now and again, the web designer gets Illustrator for the occasional logo, and so forth. $10 for Photoshop is a reflection of the fact that there are now millions of photographers who see Photoshop as the tool to have; none of the other apps have that market.

It's sort of like an all you can eat buffer. You walk away from a lot of food that a greedier person might have eaten, but the price you pay is based on the average eater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m with Test Screen Name​!

It’s a commercial decision. Single apps are 20$, so when you use 3 of them, you’re done. The forth is for free.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree! I finally outlived my CS4 apps and I'm forced to look into creative cloud. I would love it if there was a $25 a month Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign package. Spending $53 A month is rough! I'm glad there are so many that can do it and seemed fine with it. But it's a hard pill for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As said above: it's a commercial decision. Adobe, when it fixed the pricing, was assuming that the average CC user would use 3 applications regularly. So, the price you pay for those 3 apps, i.e. $58 is what has been aimed for. My company even pays more for a teams licence for the added value and flexibility of that. If you are not a professional user, it may be more economical to take the subscription on the month and cancel for the time you do not need.

BTW: Let's face it: we would all love to pay less for more... That's the way of life.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines