Will CS4 run on Windows 11 ?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got an update so it works on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were no updates in 10+ years. It was finished when CS5 was released, 11 years ago. Adobe will be delighted to sell you a subscription to the current products, Creative Cloud, from $50 per month (yearly commitment).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may run into an issue where CS4 will see Windows 11 as a new installation and require activation.

Unfortunately, the activation and deactivation servers for CS4 have been shut down.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell Inpsiron 7570 with 16 GB RAM, and an i7 running Windows 11 v.21H2

I purchased Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium (CS4) in March, 2009.

Illustrator CS4 works under Windows 11. I just installed it with Photoshop CS4 Extended.

No issues with intall.

No issues with activation. 

Patched Photoshot to 11.02, OK.

There's still life in the old timer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No issues with activation."

Prepare to be told your 'Trial' ends after 30 days!

As stated by @Peru Bob 

"Unfortunately, the activation and deactivation servers for CS4 have been shut down."

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.3.1 Photoshop 23.3.2, ACR 14.3, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've read the Adobe EULA.

I know I can install Adobe on two PCs as long as both copies are not running simotaneously.

I've had my CS4 software installed on another Dell (aside from the Inspiron) for more than two years.

Never saw a trial status nor a trial ending from the first PC. It's the real McCoy. It installs as activated.

No trial status in sight.

I suppose the installer falls back on a valid serial key when the servers can't be contacted for activation.

I deactivated my Illustrator CS4 on the Inspiron, I reopen it and under Help the Deactivation option is still there. I can launch Illustrator on both PCs and I never get a notice about I'm using the same serial on more than one machine. This goes against ethical use of Adobe software. I stick to the rules.

With the activation servers shutdown, as you say, it's open season for products older than ten years.

Adobe might want to think about turning those CS4 activation servers back on.

I'm just telling you my experiences. I don't want to argue about it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines