• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will I Lose Plugins if I Install New Full Versions?

Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running the latest versions of all the apps in the Creative Cloud suite and have several plugins for a few different apps (Boris FX for Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects; brushes and presets for Photoshop; DesignMerge for InDesign; etc.). If I install the new full versions of these apps, will I lose the plugins?

Thanks,

Lloyd

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if they're not compatible, yes.

but when you start to update, you will be given the option to keep the previous version (with its plugins).  you can later remove that previous version if it's not needed.

kglad_0-1666188158424.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the plugins AREN'T automatically moved/reinstalled? This is going to be a pain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep your previous version and its plugins.

install the new version.

report back if none, some or all the plugins were installed in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad,

Thanks for the replies. I'm waiting to hear back from the creator of the InDesign plugin, which I use for work, but the others are on my personal M1 iMac, which will take a while because I don't have enough disk space to keep two versions of all of the apps. Oh, well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend. 😉 Thanks again for the info.

Lloyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glad you explained the space issue because i wasn't understanding the hesitancy to try it.  (plus i wanted to find out.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines