Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11 Incompatibility issues with Adobe products

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 Incompatibility Issues with Adobe Products

I updated to Windows 11 a couple of days ago and later went to use my Adobe applications and the response was: "You must update your system to install Photoshop. Please check the following: - Windows 1607 or later." Learn more or ok." When I click on "learn more" it brings me to the Adobe main page and shows "404 ERROR PAGE" Yesterday it showed the main page with all the apps available to me with "incompatible" on every one but Lightroom.

I also spoke with a customer rep regarding this issue in chat and the following is an excerpt from that conversation with their recommendations:

"We also checked the compatibility page for Adobe apps with Windows 11, and from what we can see here: (Link inserted here). T
he apps aren't fully supported for Windows 11 yet. Since this is operating system has only been out for a few months, it can take some time for 3rd-party app developers to update their apps in order to have full compatibility. Right now, what we can suggest is to roll back to Windows 10, which is fully compatible with your Adobe apps". 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

After many hours working with customer service this issue was finally resolved. The problem was on Adobe's end where the option to switch an account to "not compatible" had been enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 (and MAYBE Windows 11 ?)
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information. I have a fairly new computer and only recently (past 6 mos) got Lightroom and Photoshop. Seems unless I downgrade to Windows 10 I will have these issues and not be able to use most Adobe products until these issues are resoved by Adobe, according to Microsoft. I'll check out those possibiliies you shared. Much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many hours working with customer service this issue was finally resolved. The problem was on Adobe's end where the option to switch an account to "not compatible" had been enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rhapsodys Blues 

glad its resolved (though the duration required may have been lengthy).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. As am I. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rhapsodys Blues,

So I would have to contact Adobe support to have this change made?  This flustrating and I am really not happy with it.

Michael G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mbg914 

are you having a current problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines