• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11 Preview Issues *FIX

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I installed the beta Windows 11 OS none of the programs run correctly and some not at all. After some troubleshooting Windows is blocking some of the functions that allow the programs to run. This is directly related to the new ransomware protections Microsoft is implementing. The fix is super simple. 

• Goto Virus & Threat protection
  • Scroll down to Ransomware Protection and click to manage
  • Now under controlled folder access click on allow an app through controlled folder access
  • Add your programs to the list
  • Voila it is fixed.

I would not turn off this feature as the threat of ransomware is higher than it has ever been. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just use a dedicated anti virus, and that will fix the problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say that is true, but I have seen plenty of well protected systems fall prey to ransomware attacks over the last 6 months/year. No point in disabling a feature that does not draw a massive amount of system resources for less protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines