Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Creative Cloud Client starts but does not load anything

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled and make cleanups with cleanup tool

But the cliens starts, window is shown and he tries to load content.

Afer 3-5 min it gives error that I should repair the app

I have created log output (attached) may be that helps

I am not sure if this is the correct log file that I have found

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem.  I had to install a fresh Windows 10 OS yesterday, and now am trying to put back all my software, but I cannot get the creative cloud desktop to fully install...it hangs up as it's "trying to load" forever, and eventually tells me to quit the app and try again.  I've tried installing it in safe mode, I've turned my firewall completely off and nothing I've tried, whether my own ideas or solutions I looked up online, makes any difference at all.  I saw one website that talked about giving the firewall info to let through an app of some sort that was supposed to be in C: Program Files>\Common Files>\Adobe> and then inside a folder called OOBE, but there isn't any OOBE in my directories anywhere on the drive.  I'm stumped.

Could this be because after my computer's catastrophic meltdown and my subseuent reinstall my computer labeled the drives so that my C: drive is no longer my C: drive and is now my E drive?

Oh yeah, and I'm on a 7-day free trial and have now wasted 2 days trying to solve this.  Hey Adobe, can you solve this and give me more trial days since I can't use anything at all at the moment? 😉

Help please!  I've had it with 48 hours of trying to make this work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Robert22540955mh9h Sorry to hear about your frustrations. The Creative Cloud desktop app is installed on the C drive by default. I don't think the location can be safely changed, plus every time there is an update, you will have a problem. You can install all the other CC apps like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign to different drives. This is a user-to-user forum, so you'll need to contact Adobe directly for help extending your trial days. Let us know how it goes!

Also, have you run the full Creative Cloud Cleaner? Info here: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen (type "agent" to get a live person)

Phone: Monday–Friday, in the US, 24 hours per day: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @J E L,

I have used this cleanup tool for at least 3 time with full cleanup and also used the deinstall tool.

Have deinstalled third party anti virus client, checked proxy settings but nothing helps.

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julia, for your next steps, please download and run the CC Log Collector tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  Once the log files are uploaded, begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to provide direct assistance to discover and resolve the current error.

Robert, not sure Julia posted enough information to match the possible errors you encounter.  I recommend you start a new public forum discussion with the specific errors you are experiencing and the solutions you have applied or implement the same advice given to Julia and work directly with our support team to resolve any concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jain,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I have no choice in the fact that my Win 10 system drive is now my E drive. My HP Pavillon recently gave me an alert that my then C drive may have an issue soon and could fail, not “will” fail but “could” Whatever is generating this info is coming from the manufacturer’s BIOS I believe it pops up prior to Windows even launching. The problem is it prevents me, or at least Microsoft does, from installing Windows on that drive so long as it keeps insisting it may fail. I even went so far as to wipe my entire computer from a boot disc and when I ran the Windows 10 installer it automatically created a new drive E that is now where my system files reside and the other drive (the larger former D drive is now labeled C. When this first happened I attempted to change the drive letters and i was able to do so but it then caused everything to come to a disastrous screeching halt so I think I’m stuck like this.

That said, I’ve installed all my old software (MS Office, Chrome, VLC, VS Code, and a bunch of other things and those installers worked just fine in the current configuration and the CC installer does install the software on my E drive as well, it’s just once it’s installed and goes to load it, it hangs up and just spins its wheels there.

Interestingly I as an experiment I grabbed ny old laptop that I used to run CC on and is also running windows 10 and I tried the install on there and it also didn’t work. It used to and I’ve made no changes to it so it’s not just my current computer but the old too and it used to be fine.

I’m at the end of my rope with this.

And yes I did the CC cleaner and all that PLUS I shut down my firewall too and nothing seems to make any difference.

Could this be something wrong on Adobe’s end? It would seem a real possibility since two separate computers are having the identical issue.

I’m frustrated and burned out after 5 days and nights of trying to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know it doesn't matter if your system drive is C or E. 

Take a look here:  

Blank white screen at sign-in | Adobe Creative Cloud Packager

Gelöst: Creative Cloud Dektop App blank screen and shutdow... - Adobe Support Community - 10360712

Gelöst: CC Desktop app displays white screen - Adobe Support Community - 10909649

Learn what to do if the Creative Cloud desktop app won't open or shows a spinning progress wheel. (a...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can imagine your frustration, and I hope this can get sorted out for you. I had info from a post here dated last June, How do i install Creative Cloud on different drive... - Adobe Support Community - 11250643, where an Adobe employee states, "It is not possible to customize the install location of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application itself."

But if you've fully removed Windows from C and are running it on E, as long as the OS is on the same partition, then CC should be okay to install there. In any case, you have since discovered that you can't install CC on another computer on a C drive regardless.

I think you will need to get on the phone with Adobe technical support where you can give them access to your system to sort this out. You may also need to stop trying to install the trial version and go ahead and pick a plan to purchase. This might be some conflict caused by trying to install a trial version on the same computer too many times. You can log into your Adobe account here: Adobe Account. Let us know how it goes.

All the phone support numbers are listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines