• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Would to know if Creative Suite could be available on Linux in the future

Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently set up my wife's laptop with Linux and there is a lot I like about that OS. I would be interested in going to Linux as well, but since Creative Suite has not been made available for Linux, that's the only thing stopping me from doing it.

I've seen in the past that there has been some ways to run CC apps on Linux but they're dated, and there hasn't been much else I've found on this issue. Is there a particular reason why Linux has not been supported by Adobe? I'm curious to know. There are a lot of people using Linux, not to mention many high-level people at major software companies who use it for their personal use, it would seem there should be a sizable stable market for Adobe to allow that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been discussed many times on the forums.

Short answer: It's never going to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing that thread. THAT is what I wanted to see: where the real conversation about Linux has been. I figured there had to be a discussion here with a lot of points of view, and there it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.  It never ran on Linux.

2. Creative Cloud desktop apps do not run on Linux and probably never will.  Too few Linux users.

3. Adobe has SOME mobile apps for Android devices which you can download from the Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Adobe&hl=en_US&gl=US 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines