• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yet another 'Adobe CEF Helper' CPU and RAM eating issue. Can I finish the task?

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is I tend to play some games on my PC, normal free time stuff, but since I installed the CC applications I needed for university, this idle task called 'Adobe CEF Helper' keeps my CPU up to the 30% of its capacity (collectively) and the performance of those have gone way worse since then, but if I could end that task, not only my games but most of my other processes would run a lot smoothier. I think I have an understanding of what the task does but no one is too clear on that so I'm going to straight up ask this:

Can I end the Adobe CEF Helper task so I give space for other processes?

Thanks in advance.

(Edit: grammar)

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the one thing I HATE about Adobe products; they install so much background garbage on your computer that I spend about 10 minutes turning off startup processes after every install. It's annoying as h*ll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

here it is,  6/27/2021, and this problem still exists.   I used to work for Adobe, and I am appalled that this issue is continuing to persist.  I am about to de-install the creative cloud altogether...not worth the hassle to me.  I have disabled the auto-updates and I have disabled having CC launch at startup, and the damn thing still is a memory hog.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines