• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please allow give us a way of throttling app updates/downloads in Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's been requested many times, and historically the request has been moved to "asset sync" or whatever. I'm hoping this time it will be understood before that happens. I am talking about app updates, not asset syncing.

Every time an Adobe product updates, it utilises the entire bandwidth, killing any other network connections in use.

I just got dropped off everything I was working on and had dramas with my housemates, all because Adobe decided to update every ap at once at LUNCHTIME.

I've been an Adobe user for over twenty years,... almost as long as Steam has had off-peak and throttled downloads in their platform. In fact, almost every major suite update management software has built-in throttling these days.

The fact Adobe still hasn't added this makes me want to find an alternative set of programs.

Could someone at least respond with a:

1.  We are currently working on this
  2.  We have considered it but it's not in our roadmap yet
  3.  We will consider this, but acknowledge that you have asked for it
  4.  We considered it but think you can just suffer with what you've got, because we don't intend on improving the installer as that's not the product you're paying for.

At least one of those responses would be nice.

And I'd rather not hear "just turn off auto-update" as that is not a solution, so much as someone with reflux being told "just don't eat". We need the updates, but some of us have computers that are running near 24/7 and to shut everything else down just to update Adobe makes Adobe the problem.

Idea No status
TOPICS
App installs and updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @w0lfling , it's between 1 and 2. It's on the roadmap and we've done some tests but we haven't started work to release it in a version just yet. Looking to add it this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate