Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Questions about Creative Cloud storage space

Advocate ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me with the following questions:

1. Where can I see how much of my allotted storage space has been used up?  The Adobe website is very confusing to me and I find it hard to find anything 😞   I logged into my account (I have the Photography subscription that contains only Photoshop and Lightroom), but I only see the information that the subscription includes 2 GB of storage space. (As far as I know that is the same is for a free account.) I also looked in the Creative Cloud app on my desktop and can't find my usage information there either. I realize that I am certainly overlooking something obvious 😞

2. Is it possible to direct link to images stored in the Adobe Cloud so that when I link to them the images appear in forums? I have several sources for free storage (including Microsoft and Apple), but none seem to make this possible. If it isn't possible, can anyone recommend a good service?  I started out using ImageShack a few years ago because it was a free service with  advertising and limited storage, but they suddenly switched to a subscription model which I felt I had to subscribe to in order for my existing images not to disappear. I have paid for an ImageShack subscription for a couple of years, but always with a bitter taste in my mouth because I felt they were holding me hostage by this bait-and-switch tactic. My subscription needs to be renewed in April and I have come to the point where I would prefer to pay some other (honest) company rather than continue to support ImageShack. At the same time, I am already subscribing to services from Adobe, Apple and Microsoft and wish they would give me the direct link functionality in return.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

here's the portal to view and manage your storage, https://assets.adobe.com and here's info on how to navigate that site, Creative Cloud file storage and quota

here's how to send a link, but it will be private, Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, and more

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's the portal to view and manage your storage, https://assets.adobe.com and here's info on how to navigate that site, Creative Cloud file storage and quota

here's how to send a link, but it will be private, Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, and more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. So as I feared, it is not possible to direct link to images I have stored in the Adobe Cloud.

Now I am hoping to get some recommendations of other platforms where this is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any file server will work.

if you're publishing content that you want to be visible online, you should rent server space.  inmotionhosting.com is highly rated and after having several problematic servers (the worst being yahoo.com), i've found them to be as good as their reputation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip regarding the hosting service. I was hoping not to have to pay for yet another service just to be able to direct link to a file, so I will try out Photobucket.com. That service, similar to Imageshack, gives you the ability to directly link an image so that it appears to be embedded. The free service has a lot of ads, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and there are "free" web hosting sites, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put your images on Adobe Portfolio / Behance (both venues are free with your paid Creative Cloud Plan).  Portfolio & Behance are public facing web sites.  And you can copy the image link location to use elsewhere if you need to.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this information. It is not what I am looking for, but it is interesting. I only want to be able to direct link to screenshots for bug reporting purposes, and this doesn't seem to be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acresofgreen  wrote

I only want to be able to direct link to screenshots for bug reporting purposes.

If you're reporting bugs to Adobe, you can insert images directly from your hard drive.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use a "free" Dropbox account and link to individual images, easily enough. Worth investigating. And, the more people you introduce to it, the more storage space they give you "free". You can add to it by subscribing, but that would get you started. Good luck... this is now an old post, so I am guessing you've found your solution, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying to this old post of mine! I was grateful for all the tips I received.  I needed a solution that would work when I posted images to any forum, and I wanted the image to be embedded in my forum post so readers could see the images immediately. With the ones I tried out, I couldn't figure out how to do this. I could copy the link to the image, but when I posted the link it appeared as a link and the reader would have to click on the link to see my image. I myself hate to click on links, and I didn't want to subject readers to this necessity. It is quite possible that I was doing it wrong, but it is so long ago that I can't remember which sites I tried out and how I did it. In any case, copying images from the Clipboard into a Discord channel works. From there you can get a direct link to the image that can be posted in any forum directly. That is good enough for posting screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you are sorted. I just had another look at Dropbox and still think it could work but perhaps not as an embedded photo. I thought it could, so I'm really glad you found a better way. Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines