Highlighted

2 versions to update?

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have 2 versions of Illustrator 24.1.2 and v 23.1. It always tells me I need to update both versions. I'm wondering is there any difference between the 2 and which one should I use? Any help is appreciated!!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2 versions to update?

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have 2 versions of Illustrator 24.1.2 and v 23.1. It always tells me I need to update both versions. I'm wondering is there any difference between the 2 and which one should I use? Any help is appreciated!!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 24 is a major release version.  The incremental dot releases, 24.1, 24.2, etc..  are mostly bug fixes and updates that came later.  If you intend to maintain both 24x and 23x, you will probably want to update them both for as long as new fixes come out.  OTOH, If you no longer need version 23x, uninstall it from your CC Desktop app.  

See CC Desktop screenshot below.  Under Settings (gear icon) > Apps > Advanced Options, you can choose to remove older versions when you upgrade.  I prefer not to AUTO-UPDATE and I keep older versions until I'm certain I won't need them again.   But that's your choice.

CC Desktop App > Apps > Advanced OptionsCC Desktop App > Apps > Advanced Options

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0