• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 Needs to Support Windows 7.

Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Windows extended support of Windows 7 is supposed to end in January of 2020. But that is not going to happen according to the numbers. And given that Windows is still operating on 40% of Windows PC's, Adobe should release a product that supports those users. As a user who still runs Windows 7 (for performance, stability and usability reasons) and a person who uses Adobe products every day, I can say that I will not be upgrading my primary workstation until I absolutely have to. I have Windows 10 on two laptops and it is an inconvenient 'upgrade' to say the least.

Please consider us for the next several releases. Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Creative Cloud is supported on Windows 7. 

Upcoming Changes to Creative Cloud OS Support for Windows and Mac | Adobe Blog

However some requirements may vary by product.  For example XD and Premier Pro have different ssystem requirements than Photoshop and InDesign.   Please consult the link below.

Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  post here Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how clicking that Tracker link helps me. It doesn't offer options to post anything about CC or any of the programs I currently use. I don't need to post anything about AIR or Flash right now.

Also, I'm posting this in the user forums partly to see if there are any other Win7 users out there affected by this.

If I am the only person who thinks Adobe should support Windows 7, then it's my problem.

If there are a significant number of Adobe users who use one of the 40% of Windows PC's still on Windows 7, then it's Adobe's problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Will post here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/little+fat+girl  wrote

If there are a significant number of Adobe users who use one of the 40% of Windows PC's still on Windows 7, then it's Adobe's problem.

If the features are not supported by the OS, it won't run. This, however, is not a decision of Adobe.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud is supported on Windows 7. 

Upcoming Changes to Creative Cloud OS Support for Windows and Mac | Adobe Blog

However some requirements may vary by product.  For example XD and Premier Pro have different ssystem requirements than Photoshop and InDesign.   Please consult the link below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may have been supported when you posted this, but now it's not. Just got this email from Adobe:

Hello [me],

Last week we announced the 2019 Release of Creative Cloud. The latest updates are not supported by older OS versions and can only be installed or run on supported versions of Windows or macOS.

To experience all our new features, you should install the latest version of your computer’s operating system. Upgrading your OS is the best way to ensure you get everything Creative Cloud has to offer.

Upgrade your OS

Sincerely,

The Creative Cloud team

That makes this a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/little+fat+girl  wrote

It may have been supported when you posted this, but now it's not. Just got this email from Adobe:

That makes this a problem.

That email is the exact same information as the link I posted in reply #2.  Why is that a problem for you? 

• You do not use Windows 8 or 8.1.  
  • You do not use El Capitan.
  • I assume you have all the latest updates for Windows 7.   

Please tell us why you have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I think I might see the confusion. I am primarily an After Effects user and AE is not supported on Win7 anymore:

After Effects System Requirements

That's my problem. I get that maybe what I said didn't make sense because some CC apps still support Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my PS app to 2019, running Win 7 Pro, and it seems to function properly for what I do with it. I'm with you, I don't want to upgrade my OS. I'm perfectly happy with Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some programs are upgrading (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, ...), some others arn’t (Premiere, Audition, ...)

All the new programs do not install at all because there is per se no previous version that could install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abamo I am told to send customers here. Best regards, JH

This might be more helpful - Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 100% behind the sentiment of concern for this rather high handed approach Adobe has taken regarding support (or lack thereof) for CC on Windows 7.

I too run a windows 7 workstation and having run windows 10 on another of my machines will not be upgrading my CC workstation for all the same reasons of stability and usability as mentioned by the OP. Additionally my current configuration is color managed and I don't want to mess with it.

Windows 7 is still used extensively why is Adobe not continuing its support?

1 Software package should not be dictating which operating system gets used on any given machine. Windows 7 is not EOL - Adobe please reconsider this decision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us which Creative Cloud product or service does NOT work for you on Win7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to reiterate...

Adobe's latest communication states...

Last week we announced the 2019 Release of Creative Cloud. The latest updates are not supported by older OS versions and can only be installed or run on supported versions of Windows or macOS.
To experience all our new features, you should install the latest version of your computer’s operating system. Upgrading your OS is the best way to ensure you get everything Creative Cloud has to offer

Please confirm that Creative Cloud Photography will continue to work correctly and completely on Windows 7 - the first paragraph above would suggest it will not.

If it will, I am happy, if it won't then your question makes no sense as it suggests that the product should work under windows 7 but the above communication implies the opposite.

Also I repeat that software should not be driving OS choices - that really is the definition of the tail wagging the dog

Clarity please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic (desktop):  Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Lightroom CC (cloud): Microsoft Windows 10* with 64-bit support (Version 1709 or later)

Photoshop CC: Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (version 1607 or later).

As far as I can tell, nothing much has changed.  The only fly in your ointment is LR CC (cloud) but that's not new. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea​

Thanks for the list Nancy. Of course you know what's coming next . I upgraded my catalog to use with Lightroom CC and now it won't open in classic.

Does Adobe intend to make a desktop version of Lightroom Classic which will read the new catalog schema available to CC users who can no longer use that paid part of the Photography suite?

This is especially in light of that lack of usability being directly due to actions taken by Adobe. It's hardly "fit for purpose" under Australian Consumer Protection Codes if it becomes unusable during a contract period as a result of actions taken by the vendor. Providing a working alternative would seem to be a remedy a reasonable person might deem appropriate

Love to hear your thoughts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System requirements are subject to change when new upgrades release.  It has always been that way.  You're under no obligation to accept an upgrade until you're ready for it.

EDIT:  This notice was announced on the very top of the digital photography forums.

Upcoming Changes to Photoshop and Lightroom OS Support for Windows and macOS

Regarding LR Classic catalog, you'll need to ask about that in the respective product forum.  The experts there can help you.

Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this really stinks!

I contacted Adobe about it.  As long as I continue to pay for my CC subscription, I can continue to use CC.  However, there will not be any updates on Win7.  It wouldhave made more sense to drop support for Win7 products when/If Microsoft drops support in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there would be an easy solution, Adobe would have implemented that one. Windows 7 is now several versions behind and it starts getting old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely an issue for more than just a few of us.

After a recent system failure, we had to rebuild our primary workstation, fully confident that we could simply download the CC installer and get our apps back with a little patience, Unfortunately, the 2019 installer seems to be incompatible with windows 7 all of a sudden.

I understand that we can't stand in the way of progress, but c'mon, Adobe. Would it kill ya to offer legacy support for your long-standing repeat customers?? just a thought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/artivation+media  wrote

Unfortunately, the 2019 installer seems to be incompatible with windows 7 all of a sudden.

What 2019 installer did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are to packages that Adobe live support attempted to installerror p42.PNG

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps#cc-installation

http://ccmdl.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/ACCCx4_8_0_421.zip

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4773&fileID=4437

Fresh install of Windows 7 Professional. Fully updated. No antivirus installed yet, firewall is off, UAC disabled, permissions to the root directory as well as "Program Files", "program files x86" and "common files" directories set to full control.

All attempts yield the error shown here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm constantly finding that more and more annoying since I'm paying (and it's not cheap) for products that I basically don't have since now most of the Adobe Desktop products doesn't work for windows 7 anymore. I'm using Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and others with the 2018 version because I was never able to update them.

I'm not able to move to win10 due to stability and compatibility issues. In the end I think I'll just find another alternative and cancel my adobe subscription (that is not cheap). It's not what I want but I'm not being able to find any alternatives other than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines