• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 update made my computer so slow

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed how slow the cc app is since the 2019 update the other day?  Opening the various applications such as indesign, photoshop etc takes ages.  Is there a way of going back to the previous install?  My computer is also very slow in loading on start up.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since going back to CC2018, my InDesign works much better.  I can't believe I am writing this a few months after the original post and the problem has not been fixed.  CC2019 was working fine... until the actual year changed over to 2019 and now I have had these slow issues... but only with InDesign and it happens with any file I open, old or new.

InDesign CC2019 costs me time that I am not getting paid for.  Please fix this issue soon, or discount your fee to use the app if it isn't going to work correctly (for clearly over 3 months now).

I'm using an Apple MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) MacOS Mojave.  Everything else on this laptop works super fast and with no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMG_Sal  wrote

CC2019 was working fine... until the actual year changed over to 2019 and now I have had these slow issues

The year change is probably unrelated to this. It may be that there are some other requirements that changed too...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, it's been a few months, and since switching settings in Extensis

Suitcase with how it handles fonts, I have not have an issue with speed

anymore. My MacBook is as fast as the day I got it. I notice no lag in

the Adobe applications anymore. I chalk this up to a font issue within the

system that was only effecting Adobe software... so if anyone is still

having an issue, investigate your fonts!! They could be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give any further details?

I'm not using Adobe fonts and I can't find anything similar to "Suitcase" when I look at Settings > Extensions. In fact, I have no extensions installed.

Creative Cloud has rendered my MacBook almost unusable: 5+ minutes to boot, 30s to load files in Finder, etc. When I uninstalled CC, the MacBook performed normally. The OS continually complains about CC not being optimized for Mac but I can find no solution other than uninstall.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Mine is being really slow since the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's like Indesign etc. have to warm up before they move with any speed. My cursor does nothing then suddenly every action I clicked on happens but after a long delay. Not good and nerve-wracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you adobe for this buggy as hell release...... If that what meant to make us happy you missed. I feel like im using windows 95 now. Copying elements in the photoshop or illustrator take ages... Why release buggy sotfware updates????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem.  Lightroom Classic is now so slow, it's almost impossible to do any processing.  Did anyone at Abobe test this update before it's release ?  It's the same with InDesign.  What is going on?  How could this suite of products be released with so many bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have try to deactivate the GPU support in Lightroom?

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Another point to test is to disabled the face detection in LR.

2018-10-28 12_45_16-Window.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Axel+Matt  wrote

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

I tied turning off Graphics Processor acceleration but it is still slow.  Also tried "Use smart previews instead of orginals"  to try and speed things up but it's still painfully slow !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cwaite  wrote

I also have the same problem.  Lightroom Classic is now so slow, it's almost impossible to do any processing.  Did anyone at Abobe test this update before it's release ? 

I had the beta on my computer and did not detect a performance impact. Now that it is out, I still have no problems. But I have a camera with "only" 24 Mpixel. The higher you go, the more you have a performance problem. And if there is a small one at lower resolutions, it will increase a lot...

As for Indesign, which I did not beta test, I see some performance improvement on former versions, but I did not yet ask for a general roll out at my site.

As for Illustrator, it seams that there is a patch out fixing some of the post release reported bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes. Especially in Bridge which is now so slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your PC configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my set-up

iMac

Processor: 3.2GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 24GB

Graphics: NVIDIA geForce GT 755M 1024MB

I might have to revert back to the 2018 version just to be able to work at a reasonable pace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 2019 opens up quickly. However, clicking "file>open" takes 2-3 seconds. Opening a single image from bridge to ACR (v11) takes 4-5 seconds...opening 20 images takes around 20 seconds! This is too slow! Once the images are in camera raw all is fine...but opening them in Photoshop 2019 is slower than it was in the previous release. Time to go back to the previous version! Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in same boat. I can't literally afford to work this slow.

imac Late 2015

3.3 Ghz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1867 MHrz DDr3

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 1600 1536 MB

The 2019 update created for what kind of computers please inform me.. all details.

Meanwhile I will I guess have to go back to 2018?

Maybe only keep Adobe XD 2019 because I need new features. Will it work with all other Adobe 2018 Apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator is FRUSTRATINGLY laggy. I make an income from design and this seriously affects how long a project takes. The only workaround I've found so far is closing the app every half-hour and restarting it. My hair has turned a shocking shade of green... I think it's hulking out from my frustration and rage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's killing me here. Why doesn't Adobe weigh in with some help?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also my cc apps works very slow after that update 2019 and indesign crash and freeze many times a day.
Using apps indesign, photoshop and illustrator.

Computer: Dell Precision Tower 3220

Windows 10 (1809)
NVIDIA Quadro K1200

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same thing happend to me,  if I can only use the old version of CC, why do i need to pay useless ongoing subscribe?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines