• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2021 apps making my fans go like crazy

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post this, and I don't really know the technical terms for these things, but I hope if I explain, you can understand my problem.

The other day, my laptop cooling fans sounded like they were in overdrive. Usually, it's because I have too many webpages open at once and closing Chrome solves the problem. But after quitting Chrome, and then all of my apps, it was still blasting. In Activity Monitor, the CPU load looked very low, so I don't know what was going on. 

I ended up restarting my computer - still the fans were on overdrive. 

I ended up shutting down my computer and waiting a few minutes until the fans died down. 

When I turned on my computer again, the first thing I opened was Illustrator 2021, and immediately the fans started going again! And I only had one file open! Normally, I can have about 10 things open at once before my computer starts sounding like it's having troubles. 

Illustrator seems to be the worst, but I have a similar experience with InDesign 2021 and Photoshop 2021. Especially if I have all two or three apps open at once...

I still have 2020 versions of InDesign and Photoshop, and if I open files with these versions, I don't have the same loud fan problem. Unfortunatelly I don't have Illustrator 2020 anymore (I had it set to automatically delete old versions).

Long story short -

1. Is my computer too old to handle the new Adobe creative suite?

2016 15-inch macbook pro, 

Processor: 2,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Radeon Pro 455 2 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

2. Can I somehow download Illustrator 2020? 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

yes, uninstall the problematic 2021 versions, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html  and then install the 2020 versions*.

*previous versions are revealed in the apps tab by clicking the arrow abutting the open/install button after clicking preferences>cc>tick show older apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, uninstall the problematic 2021 versions, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html  and then install the 2020 versions*.

*previous versions are revealed in the apps tab by clicking the arrow abutting the open/install button after clicking preferences>cc>tick show older apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. 🙂  Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines