• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

64 bit Catalina Upgrade

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Photoshop and Lightroom appear to be 64 bit compliant and ready for the upcoming release of Apple's Catalina OS, there are a number of Adobe programs within Applications/Utilities that are not (various AAM registration notifiers, Adobe Application Manager, Setup and Unstalls).  Will there be any impact created by these 32 bit programs when I upgrade to Catalina?

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is MUCH more to Catalina's changes than 32 versus 64 bits. That's just the easy to describe, headline stuff. So, on NO ACCOUNT upgrade to Catalina without checking for a statement from Adobe for all the apps important to you.

It's impossible for Adobe to guararantee anything in advance because Apple can (and have) change the released system even more aftet the last beta. It's generally safer to wait also for the first dot release of the new system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you didn't feel it was relevant. You may of course decide to upgrade to Catalina the day it comes out, especially if you don't depend on Adobe apps for your living.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I'd known that. After updating to Catalina 10.15 on my MacBook Pro, my Creative Cloud icon disappeared from the menu at the top of the desktop. I spent hours troubleshooting myself and another 4-5 hours with Adobe techs. I read somewhere someone said he/she got a message saying CC was not yet compatible with Catalina 10.15 when installation started. Wish I would have gotten that message, then I would have aborted install. Yesterday, when they called me back for a third time, a windy storm had taken out my internet, so I was not able to answer their call. I shall try again. Both the techs I've talked to have been very pleasant. I appreciate that. I'm not that tech savvy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But till now I didn't find an overview over all Adobe apps and the compatibility and listed problems with Catalina. I found something here and there but it's not really clear if the apps will work or not … and if not wheter the problems affect my work with the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. A clean clear answer to my question. Just what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't answer the question about these apps in Applications/Utilities/ and mostly Application Manager but there are a couple in the Adobe Creative Cloud/HDCore / sub-folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are any left after all apps are declared compatible you can ignore them. If you upgrade now, you're risking a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Declared?"  When and how does that happen?  How do we know it did?  Why hasn't it already happened, this wasn't a surprise, it's been coming for over a year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right! I have the same problem - especially with the 32 bit Application Manager and various AAM registration notifiers, Adobe Application Manager, Setup and Unstalls.Fortunately I haven't uploaded Catalina yet and will not do that befor all 32 bit progarmmes are "abolished".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>message saying CC was not yet compatible with Catalina 10.15 when installation started. Wish I would have gotten that message

Every time Apple issues a major upgrade, small things are changed right up until the upgrade is available... meaning that vendors like Adobe have to play catch up... and meaning that something is ALWAYS broken when Apple does a big upgrade

In the future, do not upgrade your Mac operating system for AT LEAST a month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do not upgrade all Adobe apps for AT LEAST a month after Adobe MAX Updates. I did it (without updating macOS) and had to fight with several crashes and lost files …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geb01 question is not answered at all. At least I do not see any solution how to update the application Manager and to abolish the AAM notifiers etc. Seems to be a problem Adobe has to solve!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree that Geb01's question is not yet answered.  The article linked by David__B does not mention

Adobe Applications Manager.  I have the same problem.  On my Mac Pro running Mojave (10.14.6),

I have received scary messages about AAM needing to be updated, presumably before I update my

Mac to Catalina.  However, I don't know how to do this.  I have Adobe Creative Cloud and several

applications (Photoshop, Lightroom, Acrobat), but ACC makes no mention of AAM.  My impression

from other Adobe web pages is that AAM was folded into ACC, but then why am I seeing these

scary popups?  Presumably AAM is still running (and needed).  What's going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also read (orspeculate) that AAM was folded into ACC - I invested quite some time to fgure that out. I think we should charge Adobe some money for not having solved the problem we have, and we are not the only ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the latest Lightroom Classic version allow proper migration of my Apple Photos library to Lightroom Classic while using Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I abolished all the 32 bit programmes using CleanMyMac I switched to Catalina - without any problemes regarding Apple Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this "CleanMyMac"???? I just updated to Catalina 10.15.4 and my Adobe Creative Cloud is corrupted. I am SO ANGRY, I have been fighting with this for the last 3 days. I spent two hours with Adobe "experts" yesterday and no solution.  It is september 2020!! This thread began last year!! Why is this still a problem, Adobe???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It isn't a problem for most people. Doesn't mean you don't have a problem, but it means there isn't a magic bullet. Why not tell us all about your symptoms, and the version of CC you're trying to use? "Corrupted" doesn't tell us much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines