Highlighted

7 Day Trial. About to start teaching a course tomorrow & it asks students for credit card.

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think some of you know me as I have been an ACP for some time now.

Well, I started teaching a Marketing Course here in Germany.  Tomorrow, I am about to start teaching a graphic design module to the students.  So, I asked them to download the 7 day free trials to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro & Rush.

HICCUP...

It is asking for their credit card info.  Oh no........................................

Is there a way for them to avoid typing in their credit card info?

THIS IS MAJOR ISSUE and I need an answer quickly.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

7 Day Trial. About to start teaching a course tomorrow & it asks students for credit card.

Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think some of you know me as I have been an ACP for some time now.

Well, I started teaching a Marketing Course here in Germany.  Tomorrow, I am about to start teaching a graphic design module to the students.  So, I asked them to download the 7 day free trials to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro & Rush.

HICCUP...

It is asking for their credit card info.  Oh no........................................

Is there a way for them to avoid typing in their credit card info?

THIS IS MAJOR ISSUE and I need an answer quickly.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because the free trial is simply the first 7 days free before the paid program starts. You should know that some people (me included) consider using the free trial for education an abuse of the free trial program; I believe this is a major factor in the reduction of trials from 30 to 7 days. Also, your idea excludes any student who already HAD a free trial. Provision of the commercial products needed for education needs to be clearly discussed, disclosed, and the cost properly covered by either educator or student. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 1
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%.  And I understand the change in the system from a corporate standpoint.  It elevates illegal copies.  Which is a good thing.  There is no profit in that. So do not get me wrong.

I was just shocked that you have to give your credit card for the free trial.  I mean if people end up loving it, which many would then they would buy it.  Especially if they had the right person showing the benefits of the software.  Granted not all teachers are probably skilled at the software.  I started using Adobe products in 1994.  So I know my way around.

I guess I will just give a demo. Then if students want to register for the Creative Cloud they can.  Problem solved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a major issue and nothing new. Credit Cards have been required for quite a while.  The card is initially debited a small amount to ensure the card is valid.  The small fee is credited back to customer. 

On the eighth day, the trial automatically switches to an annual contract (paid monthly).  If user decides to quit, they have a 14 day grace period to cancel without penalty and receive a refund.  See terms below

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

To cancel a PAID plan, log-in to your account below. Click Manage Plans.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

If you still need help, scroll down to Support on the same page and click on Contact Adobe.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 1
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually a friend shared  this.

https://www.adobe.com/au/creativecloud/start-with-free-creativecloud.html?fbclid=IwAR0dvLf-Wf-l7dPuX...

So you should be able to get the trial Free for at least 7 days... but for the whole cloud.  Not for each app.

102906038_259539001815456_5426573457981263555_n.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0