• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A newer version is installed, 1722 error

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Lenovo Yoga 3   and went to install Adobe Pro DC.

I have tried many different things from this forum and nothing works

I even reset the computer to new status

I get a 1722 error where it says in the last step before completing that one of the files cannot complete

or in another attempt it says that a newer version is installed

There is no Adobe installed on this computer at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

this is from katjal,

1) Goto Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center and click Download.

2) Select vcredist_x86.exe and download the package.

3) If you're on a 64 bit machine navigate to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" else navigate to "C:\Windows\System32" on 32 bit machines. If "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder exists then you're on a 64 bit machine.

4) Search for msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll and rename both files. Don't delete them so that ju

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all acrobat and reader versions should be uninstalled.

clean per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

then try installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reading my post and replying but I guess you missed the last line.   There are NO  ADOBE products installed on my computer.

Its a fresh out of the box 8.1 setup. 

There should be a way to force install this on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible post the screen shot of the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didn't miss that, but lenovo usually (i think) includes adobe reader.

but if you want to skip those steps, you can check your log files for specific errors, Installation and launch log errors | CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the log error

Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallWebResources, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\AcroCEF\AcroServicesUpdater.exe, command:

This happens at the very end of the install and I have tried multiple downloads and web versions of Acrobat Pro DC 

Once again there is no Adobe on the machine other than Flash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is from katjal,

1) Goto Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download... and click Download.

2) Select vcredist_x86.exe and download the package.

3) If you're on a 64 bit machine navigate to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" else navigate to "C:\Windows\System32" on 32 bit machines. If "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder exists then you're on a 64 bit machine.

4) Search for msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll and rename both files. Don't delete them so that just in case vcredist_x86.exe package fails to install you can rename them back.

5) Now double click vcredist_x86.exe and install it. After installation completes check that msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll are now installed back. You can delete the files that you renamed in step above now. Don't delete msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll

6) Install Acrobat through CC Installer and it should install now without complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help at all, same error at end on install process. This all started recently when an update kept failing. I uninstalled Adobe Reader DC. I ran the cleaner, tried to reinstall from a clean download and got the 1722 error. I have done the steps above and they don't work on my system. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe acrobat pro dc is not the same as adobe reader dc.

which are you trying to install and, if acrobat, subscription or classic/perpetual license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I tried the online installer and then the ftp.adobe files but neither were successfully installed. Even tried installing the VC++ redistributable (repair) and copying/renaming the msvcp120 and msvcr120 DLLs. Didn't work. Only remaining course of action I see is uninstalling and reinstalling both x86 and x64 VC++ packages one by one, but it doesn't seem worth the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to down load adobe acrobate pdf reader dc

but above resolution do not solve my issue as u said pro anddc are different 

kindly help i am trying to download reader kindly help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

post in the acrobat reader forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not helpul...problm still remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My error occurs at the very end of the install process. It looks like the installer goes out to look for a newer version or an update, then chokes. It very much looks like Adobe is the problem. Whatever database is being checked for updates has the wrong version number entered and when the installer sees this it thinks you have a newer version and backs out of the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines