• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A problem occurred while extracting some files.

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to run the program I downloaded and pick the folder location I get an error that says "A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder."

Can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Thanks for the pictures of the error.  This error indicates the zip archive you are trying to extract is damaged.  Please download a new copy. The retail installation files they are available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications..

If your company has a volume license then you will need download the volume license installation files from https://licensing.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

HaliburtonChamber what Adobe software title, and version, are you attempting to install?  How much space is available on your computer?  What version of Windows do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download CS6 Design & Web Premium. I'm on Windows 7 and I think I have 267 GB of space on my computer.

I have the programs downloaded on another computer in our office, but I need to get them on this computer as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update HaliburtonChamber.  Can you please post a screen shot of the error when this is occuring?  You can find details on how to post a screen shot at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Also to confirm you are not attempting to customize the install location but are choosing the default location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screen shots - I get three separate messages each time I hit the OK button.

And yes, I'm choosing the default location

error 1.png

error 2.png

error 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the pictures of the error.  This error indicates the zip archive you are trying to extract is damaged.  Please download a new copy. The retail installation files they are available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications..

If your company has a volume license then you will need download the volume license installation files from https://licensing.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm also having the same error when i'm trying to extract Lightroom installer. I have downloaded it several times and get this error every time. It looks lik it downloads without issue, it normally downloads in a few minutes. The extraction makes it to 100% before showing the error. Can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this same error for the lightroom 6 installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A problem occured while extracting some file. check availabale space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder. Can yor help us.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines