• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A slightly different question about moving CS6 to a new computer

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old PC, with Windows 10, needs to be retired, and I have CS6 on it.   I need to move it to my new PC.   I went into my account and noticed that it shows that I had CS4, which I upgraded from quite some time back.    I don't think I have a disk for CS6 that I know of, so I'm assuming I must have downloaded it at some  point.   I'm afraid to deactivate it if I don't have a record of it on my account.  What can I do?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Adobe has removed ALL public download links for serial number programs
-links are ONLY available to someone who purchased a download from Adobe
For serial number programs you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your Adobe account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
---as alway

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has removed ALL public download links for serial number programs
-links are ONLY available to someone who purchased a download from Adobe
For serial number programs you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your Adobe account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
---as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought and lost a disc Adobe does not provide a replacement via download
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor
When you have a download, ALWAYS copy it to at least one external device
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a CD or DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.   That's depressing.  I bought that some time ago, but after AE 4.   So using the CS4 disk won't help me in upgrading because I can't download an upgrade.  But, if by some miracle, I find a disc (still not sure why it's not on my account), then perhaps I can resinstall?  Or am I hosed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, a miracle happened.  I found the disk.   Perhaps I never registered this to begin with, as this was bought through a third party (new) way back in 2014.  Not sure how that happened.  But reading somewhere in a forum, how much trouble might I encounter if I try to install this on my new computer?   I assume I need to deactivate it on the old one first?   Can I safely choose that option on the older computer in order to get the key?   Don't want to make a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Buddycat,

CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac),

3. for upgrades, a valid serial number from your qualifying product,
4. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.
--------------------------
NOTE: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use at your own risk.  Adobe won't help you with anything except an activation count reset.

It's probably best in the long run to buy new software that's compatible with your brand new equipment and OS.  9 year old software isn't really helping you.  You'll be surprised how much things have changed.

===================
MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan -- approx $10/month x 12 months. Includes the latest versions & upgrades of these products & services.
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (31 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.    I really don't have a justification for a subscription to CC.   I'll give CS6 a try, anyway.   If it doesn't work, then, sadly, I will just have to find a competitor's program like Davinci Resolve, although I really don't want to have to learn something new.

It's probably not practical to only subscribe when I actually need it, which is maybe 2-3 times a year.  It's too bad that Adobe went to the subscription model, but I guess it weeds out the casual user like me.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALTERNATIVES:

• Photoshop Elements 2021 (OSX, OS11, Windows, $99.99)
  • PicMonkey (Web, free)
  • Canva (Web, free)
  • Pixlr Editor (Web, free)
  • GIMP (Free, OS X, Windows, Linux)
  • Acorn (OS X, $49.99)
  • Pixelmator (OS X, $29.99)
  • Paint.NET (Windows, free)
  • Serif PhotoPlus X6 (Windows $89.99)

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look here: Download Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant or Manager) | ProDesignTools

There you'll find the appropriate download links for CS6 products.

I'll recommend that you save the installation files after you've download it. It isn't sure how long they are available.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines