Copied

I seriously hope there stock goes down.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

I do not find a single message from you in a program forum stephenr61211300

When you have a problem with a program, you need to post in that forum

-Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

When you do ask a question in the correct forum, you need to provide information so someone may help

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the complaints about India-based customer support. I've heard enough stories about it to completely get that frustration.

I don't understand this part though:

Meteorlady1  wrote

Rent software? NEVER. I want it in my hands so that I can reload in cases like mine when the computer fully fails after two weeks.

You can download the software and install it on any machine at any time with the CC model.

It's actually a lot easier to recover if you have a machine go down since you can get your software up and going without having to dig out discs and serial numbers. Plus, you can have some preferences, libraries, etc. sync automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I would want to pay Adobe for CC and rent their software when I use two programs and I use them infrequently? How stupid do you believe I am? I guess I should just over look the  fact that they would not let me do the second installation for my CS6 which it was licensed for after spending 1 hour 27 minutes in Chat and getting directed back to the same site I was on at the beginning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a phone number to call & it's not hard to find.  It's even toll free.  Say please and I'll tell you how, first time complainer.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about a dozen systems enrolled in CC for a cooperation that I support and an hour on the phone with them to correct a hiccup on their end turns into a two day affair with phone calls that are never returned.

At least once a month, sometimes more I call Adobe: After dealing with a very impersonal automated system I get a person who would like to help but the fact they are apologizing every sentence does not conclude they can identify or fix the problem, or put me on a "brief" hold and apologize that 10 minutes of psychosis inducing piano music accompanied by 4Hz static took longer than expected.

FWIW Adobe, if you read this I don't need to be apologized to like a medieval sultan with robotic insincerity. What I need is for the users I'm assisting to be able to use the software we pay you tens of thousands of dollars for every year because business is impacted and your customer service reps are not offering any usable form of help.

After a desperate attempt to get someone who can stop apologizing and actually help my incident gets escalated, I'm put on hold for some time forced to listen to whatever that horrifying melody is and I am told I will get a call back within the hour from someone from Adobe. Several hours later no call back, same problem, I end up calling back because Adobe stanched an account and it all results in money lost.

I wish I could feel Adobe actually is concerned with making a good product and standing by it but I honestly can't finish a sentence like that without laughing at the absurdity it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to to deal with both Adobe and Microsoft  so far company support goes I sya its a tie for second place. The absolute worst is Intuit. Now as far as help forums go Both Adobe and Microsoft  have pretty decent users that know about as much or  than the factory people. I suspect that like Microsoft , Adobe sub-contracts there support to third party contractors  Usually from various area in Asia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimmy3K & Phillip%20M%20Jones,

Thanks for the feedback & I will certainly let our support team management know about your view. If you have any current issue about the Creative Cloud individual & Team subscription, do let us know.

I have responded collectively as the grievance is almost similar. Please correct me if I have missed it.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have the worst customer service in the world!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only had to contact Adobe Support once and it was perfectly acceptable experience.  I was speaking with someone within 10 minutes of my call, I gave them remote access to my machine and they worked for nearly an hour until my issue was fixed. It turned out to be a random conflicting driver and had I not been able to provide the support technician with some feedback of the "not so casual user" nature they might not have been able to fix it at all.

I'm self taught in several technical applications (as well as in building and maintaining computers (even a little lite programming (not to brag or anything))) and here's some things I learned immediately, & over years skulking about technical forums & sucking up all the information I could.  These softwares are (at least originally) technical softwares for professionals.  Recently, for several reasons they have become easily available to hobbyists and people who are curious (like me).   Problem is they can require some knowledge or technical ability beyond the software itself to use successfully.  Keep in mind people used to (and still do) go to college to learn to use these programs & to use computers in general.   The fact that we've reached an age where anyone with a little money could surf the net and acquire the tools of industry professionals is astounding, and perhaps a little bit unfortunate & undeserved.

The truth is there are just some people who do not have the technical aptitude to maintain both their computer and the programs in a working state.  A support technician can help you with software problems but really can't do much beyond that.  And often the problems are indeed beyond that.  They could be installed wrong, uninstalled wrong or installed on a severely messed up computer.  Other people just have unrealistic expectations, like expecting a company to support every outdated version forever because they can't or wont update their machine or software.

DOn't get me wrong, I hate Adobe's cloud based business model with a passion and I think that many of their softwares development is going in the wrong direction & as soon as there is a viable alternative they WILL lose me as a customer unless they correct.  But, having said all that.  If you cannot even get the program to work on your computer.  That's your problem, not Adobe's.  If you cannot even get the programs to run maybe you are better suited to be a media consumer rather than a media creator.  It ain't about the tools, it's about the meta-tools.

Please direct any criticisms you have of me or my comments back unto the back of thou.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found alternatives - Affinity Photo and EverWeb. Other than that I can live without Adobe as I also have Authoring and publishing software. All much cheaper than Adobe and with less learning curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+meteorlady1

Thanks for the options for replacing Adobe Software. I'm a very basic user and just want to resize and brighten some photos of my Granddaughter for my Mom. I had bought PS Elements 11 about 15 months and just recently tried to install it, but there wasn't a proper serial# on or in the box, so they couldn't help me. We're the previous two options (Affinity Photo and Everweb) the only ones that you would recommend? What about Authorizing, etc? I'm very new and probably too old to start a new hobby, but any freeware or web apps that I could learn a bit easier and not have to buy another Adobe product, just to suffer when I need help again

Thank you very much for your time & help,

-Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi topher_20866,

Would it be possible to share the invoice of the PSE11  that you had purchased by the Personal message so that I can follow up & help.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh good it's not just me. I've been trying to switch account managers for 3 months (since ours never replies or got fired or who knows) and gotten absolutely nowhere. Been run around so much my head is spinning. Never dealt with such an unprofessional "corporation" before. The support team is an absolute joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREED. I requested a call back. they called, I heard them chewing while I say hello hello hello. they hung up.

They don't give a damn and most of all know nothing about Premiere because they develop the software without working on it so they never get the snags or problems editors get into because of their stupid software mistakes. When you ask them they go uuuhhh I don't know...I'm seriously debating the actions to be taken to bring all 15 systems we have back to AVID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ronk83158451  wrote

They don't give a damn and most of all know nothing about Premiere because they develop the software without working on it so they never get the snags or problems editors get into because of their stupid software mistakes.

While I agree that their support teams could certainly use some training (next time you call in, try asking for the video queue - they're usually a lot better with Premiere), the team that develops Premiere Pro does so together with editors. Deadpool, Gone Girl, Hail Caesar!, and other major motion pictures that were edited with Premiere Pro had Adobe developers and liaisons alongside them throughout the process and have brought many of the suggestions and workflow ideas into recent versions of Premiere Pro.

Again, the customer service may have some areas that need improvement, but the actual software developers are listening to users and working with editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the name of your studio?  Have a link to any of your reels? 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use work accounts to post here I'd rather stay anonymous here.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad.  The way you worded your post made it sound like you were the boss of a decent size studio.  Maybe you should hire a technician rather than wasting your own personal time on hold with Pakistan.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are. I run it and I cut with other editors. I get my hands dirty. We have techs and AEs but I like the freedom of doing things myself.

Thanks for your concern though. Never calling Pakistan(Adobe Support) again too. The best medium is Facebook groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facebook groups are good. Some of us on this forum try to be helpful too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stephenr61211300  wrote

I seriously hope there stock goes down.

Curious, I looked. But if you do have a question, please ask here, Stephen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just so all of you know, it is late 2020 and the situation hasn't changed. Voice support is unreachable and chat is still a lopsided exchange with non-participating supervisors or managers. Aside from monthly billing, Adobe seems to want as much distance as possible between customers and support. Forums are helpful sometimes but that is customers helping customers. That's not really our job, is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines