Highlighted

acceptable hardware for photoshop and Lightroom classic

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use lightroom classic a lot and photoshop a bit. Currently I use a 2013 15" MacBook Pro (2GHz Quad-Core i7 with 8 GB RAM)and it does ok. I recently loaded them onto a Mac Mini that I have thinking it would be better since it was two years newer. Way worse! I also have a HP ProBook 640 G5 (i5-8365U 1.6GHz with16GB installed RAM.) This machine is only a few months old. Would I have better performance with that than with my older MacBook Pro? Should I just stick with the MacBook Pro and deal with it?

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

acceptable hardware for photoshop and Lightroom classic

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use lightroom classic a lot and photoshop a bit. Currently I use a 2013 15" MacBook Pro (2GHz Quad-Core i7 with 8 GB RAM)and it does ok. I recently loaded them onto a Mac Mini that I have thinking it would be better since it was two years newer. Way worse! I also have a HP ProBook 640 G5 (i5-8365U 1.6GHz with16GB installed RAM.) This machine is only a few months old. Would I have better performance with that than with my older MacBook Pro? Should I just stick with the MacBook Pro and deal with it?

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?