Exit

Acrobat 7.0 activation LOCKED, dead product

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sirs,

Good day and Happy New Year.

We have purchased few years ago Acrobat 7.0 professional which now we need to uninstall it and intall it again to a pc that was formatted. Unfortunately we got an error message for server being unavailable. We have been instructed by the support ot follow the FAQ with instsallation files that do not require activation but it is not included the Acrobat 7.0 professional.

Please advise how can we prooceed with the activation.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Agapi Iglesi

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

The CS3 and earlier activation server has been removed from service
-So even if you have a disc or saved download, CS3 and earlier are completely dead
-Adobe also no longer supplies the special non-activation version of CS3

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the directions here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

If you have trouble with one of the steps let us know and we can try to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions but when I input the serial number. it comes back with invalid serial number???

Please help I want to install adobe pro 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the serial number given to the right of the download link? Your original one won't work.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't see the serial number? Are you looking to the right of the Acrobat Pro link?

Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 5.52.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me the activation number please???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had to reinstall Acrobat Professional 7 and can NOT activate it.  I used this link ( http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.htm l ) but it took me in circles. Any assistance will be appreciated!   BTW, Illustrator's activation went perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the old Acrobat 7 Pro

Go to this page Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

Click on "English" and it will expand to all non-activation products.

Download Acrobat 7 Pro and use the serial number to the right of the download.

If you install it and use the provided serial number, it will not ask you for activation.

Your original cdrom and serial is useless, throw it away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX for the advice.  Simple and it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  I'm glad you are out of the ditch and on your way.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer and want to install my old Adobe Pro 7.0.  I'm having the same problem.  The provided link seems to just take me to the site offering the Cloud versions of the software.  Is there a way to activate my license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if you got it as part of Creative Suite 2. Adobe has shut down the activation servers for CS1-CS3 and there is no longer anyway to legally install those three suites.

Be aware that scammers may try to contact you claiming to be Adobe support and offering to sell you a new copy of Creative Suites. None of the Creative Suites are legally available for sale, and you will probably wind up with something that is full of ransomware or malware, assuming you actually get something in return for your money. Scammers are commonly (but not always!) using "ADOBE" as the first part of their user name, and their emails are often "adobecares" at "outlook.com". If someone tries to sell you any version of CS through a private message, report them immediately so that they can be banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question as davidh27493495. Still looking for answer to activate Adobe Pro 7.0. And no, I did not get it as part of Creative Suite. It came in box off the shelf with a CD and serial number which might be useless now.  It was working when I originally installed it years ago.  I tried to reinstall from the CD I get an error that just says stopped working. No instructions. No Thank You for purchasing our cripple ware.
adobe_7_install_error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CS3 and earlier activation server has been removed from service
-So even if you have a disc or saved download, CS3 and earlier are completely dead
-Adobe also no longer supplies the special non-activation version of CS3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines